What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
I've got into playing Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge since the DLC dropped.

I never really got into it before, but the DLC makes it a much, much, more rounded game with lots of new content, challenges and collectables.
There are also some new 'Tales' which are really fun, including one as the IG88 assassin droid.

It has some very good interactions that feel really real, with great use of haptic feedback.

As with a lot of Quest games, it's a bit short, but definitely worth picking up on sale.
How much would you say it's worth paying for it? Mean to get it eventually but keep putting it off

Soldato
Just started myself, loving being back in that world! Also really appreciate the slow pace and world building plus slow exploration. The first remains in my top 3 vr games so going to see if this can surpass it

There's so much more to explore and do in this game. I could see people rushing through the story, but there are upgrades and additional story elements you can get by scanning various things. In some ways it's a bit metroidvania as certain puzzles you come across in side content can only be solved later when you have the right upgrades.

Associate
been playing saints and sinners having only just bought it, RE4 with its zombie vibe got me interested in games in that genre. ive been playing it on a quest 2 and pimax 8kx and i prefer it overall on the quest 2. the pimax fov and 4k screen are great but i get unsteady on my feet with it when i walk! the 170 degree fov fools my brain too much into thinking i am moving and i get unsteady, its the same with alyx, may be i should try to get used to it i dunno. plus the quest 2 being wireless is just great. £300 hmd out does £1700 hmd.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished Lone Echo 2 (Ranks up with the best VR games out there), and now I'm playing RE4 on the Quest 2, and it's amazing how they can get this game to work in VR and be so smooth. It really shows up how bad many of the other Quest games are in terms of graphics and scope.

Soldato
Whilst it's not a game, the New York Times Apollo 11 'as it happened' experience is what I'm hooked on at the moment. Not so much for the historical photo taking opportunities, which is over in a couple of minutes, but using airlink and the space in the garden, I'm enjoying pottering around the landing site and should be able to get to little west crater.

51624661642_4c9cc30dcd_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave MechWarrior 5 a go.

Good fun when you finally get in the cockpit, takes a while trawling through the rest on the monitor. No graphical tweaks as yet, but nowhere near the visuals of Vox on initial viewing, neither the landscape or the interior are as sharp or crisp. Quite disappointing in truth, i've many bolted on cockpit VR experiences that are far superior.

Packed full of in game assets and ambience that Vox Machinae just doesn't have though, very worth it if you like the series.

Soldato
Mostly beat saber at the moment, lots of mutliplayer expert+ stuff. Exposes me to some new songs, and some absolute crazy stuff. Thankfully most people are happy to play songs I can complete!

I don't really understand the people who play that aren't able to complete the easier expert+ ones, I'd have though it makes more sense to try a song a few times over without chopping between in multiplayer.

Caporegime
Gave Alyx another go, this time getting to the zombies and shooting. Damn it's pretty atmospheric and a little scary. Very impressed including Air Link.

Soldato
Spent the last couple of weekends on HLA workshop add-ons.
Mainly Gunman contracts, Return to rapture and Goldeneye Alyx 007, which are brilliant.
I did try RE4 but i just didn't get the same feels as playing it the first time around, it is good though.

Soldato
Beatsaver is the website you want. There are indeed some custom tracks which make the game ten times as good.
Mr Blue Sky
Du Hast and Feuer Frei by Rammstein
The Pretender by Foo Fighters
are the first ones that come to mind which are absolutely excellent.

Back
Top Bottom