Poached Eggs

Soldato
How do you make the perfect poached egg?

I'm not sure what went wrong the other morning but the white went all frothy and fell away from the yoke in the saucepan, anyone know why this may of happened?

Caporegime
No need for vinegar, swirling etc. Correct temp and adding egg via a bowl/cup by allowing water into the egg and letting into the water. Vinegar just makes the egg a bit rubbery.

Swirling does nothing to help. I've pretty much followed this on Instagram and never gone wrong

Yep, this is exactly how you should do poached eggs.

Permabanned
Freshest egg possible, then strain the loose white of in a sieve. If it's fresh you won't loose much at all. The remaining albumen will hold the yolk cleanly during poaching (providing you're careful of course). It's the only method I've found to be largely fool proof and you can even poach several eggs at a time.

Soldato
My pseudo-Ramsay issue with the above Instagram post is that they aren't technically poached, they are boiled :p

I slide the eggs in from a ramekin when the water temperature is around 75 deg C, if the eggs are a little old then we use a ring mould / scone cutter to make sure they stay put.

Back
Top Bottom