Win a house competitions - Omaze etc..

Man of Honour
I put a tenner in.

I have written to my MP that it was a fix and I should have won the Devon one.

I put the odds into my ZX81 and everything, it was a sure thing.

Caporegime
OP
I put a tenner in.

I have written to my MP that it was a fix and I should have won the Devon one.

I put the odds into my ZX81 and everything, it was a sure thing.

LOL, you should join some of the people on facebook, some of them genuinely seem to be a bit bonkers and adamant that these competitions are some form of scam or the winners don't exist etc..

Associate
Just had a look again, seems I got the map wrong, it looks like there are three other properties created from the main building on that development, dunno what the deal is with the other buildings to the north etc.. seems to be a mix of garages and possibly another house or two:

The others are a bit smaller and the one highlighted in red seems to have a bit of an odd set up with a garden on the opposite side of the road!

the one circled in red below:
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-p...l?prop=22695507&sale=74504733&country=england

The one circled in orange below:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-p...l?prop=21840170&sale=74504712&country=england

The blue outline is the prize I think, the triple garage seems to be at the far south of the plot:

t3qsYW3.png

Glad I didnt win it - so close to all those other houses :)

Associate
I keep having a go on dreamcargiveaways raffles. My best mate won one of the draws couple weeks back and another friend knows 2 other winners.

I still exclaim its a fix every time i miss out :D

Soldato
Omaze's latest draw is for a house near Fowey. They conspicuously don't tell you about the china clay ships that will be going past. Leastwise, they used to when I holidayed there. Then there's the shellfish factory. Also, it looks like a goldfish bowl house.

Looks like it's this house: https://goo.gl/maps/BePRgSQKKnVUvAsd8

Note that it's on the wrong side of the river from Fowey itself. At least you're yards from the Bodinnick Ferry.

Oh yes, as Fowey is one of the deeper waters on the south coast, it's a possible location for the nuclear submarines should Scotland become independent...

Soldato
Omaze's latest draw is for a house near Fowey. They conspicuously don't tell you about the china clay ships that will be going past. Leastwise, they used to when I holidayed there. Then there's the shellfish factory. Also, it looks like a goldfish bowl house.

Looks like it's this house: https://goo.gl/maps/BePRgSQKKnVUvAsd8

Note that it's on the wrong side of the river from Fowey itself. At least you're yards from the Bodinnick Ferry.

Oh yes, as Fowey is one of the deeper waters on the south coast, it's a possible location for the nuclear submarines should Scotland become independent...
Parking looks a bit horrible at that house, good if you need to park a boat there though

Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting, my ex lives a short walk away, we both hate the driving around there, where she is its very steep one car width lanes, we go down to Lantic bay quite a bit but again lots of hills.
Looks great though having said that, i would potter about on my boat and shout abuse at the tourists

Soldato
It's got an electronic gate at the top of the drive according to the google street view on the above link.

Yeah, I was talking about on the bit outside the gate. The kind of people who froth about cars turning around on their property don't care about a little thing like whether it's within their gate or not! :D

Soldato
I live over the river from this place and had a good nose about whilst kayaking last summer.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the china clay ships but the car ferry is a bit more of a nuisance. I’m sure you eventually zone it out like living next to a railway line.

The biggest issue is that it’s on the wrong side of the river. :p

I’ll still get a ticket though.

Caporegime
Is this the equivalent of the "pointy elbows" thing on a hot girl? :D

Never do these things. It's a lottery with one prize with a load of caveats and hoops where you don't get cash.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Never do these things. It's a lottery with one prize with a load of caveats and hoops where you don't get cash.

Nah, that isn't true, there are other prizes like a Porsche, a VW Van, a £250k cash prize etc.. and the grand prize house winner gets £100k cash too.

Soldato
I wouldn’t worry too much about the china clay ships

I had to! One day we were sailing down near the Bodinnick ferry when the wind dropped and round the corner came a fully laden china clay ship. Cue a massive blast on the horn and we broke out the oars PDQ!

I live over the river from this place

Fowey was a lovely place for a holiday.

Back
Top Bottom