• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Associate
Financial losses when you will need to upgrade. Changeover to a new platform with everything new.

AM4 is already heading towards being morally obsolete.

It's time for AMD to start offering the same performance for less. This means the new Ryzen 5 should be as fast as the old Ryzen 7 or 9.

Especially, that AM4 is not ready for the new Windows 11 reality.

AMD Processors Lose 15% Gaming Performance with Windows 11, L3 Cache Latency Tripled | TechPowerUp

Well for starters, not everyone out there will want the cutting edge and would sooner buy AM4 as it is reliable and prices will now be coming down. in the same respects most years Intel launch a new platform making the previous version obsolete. As for your link to the L3 Cache issues, this is a) Windows 11 limited, a lot will not upgrade straight away and b) this has now been fixed with a windows update and new AMD drivers. Which i can confirm as i am using this myself.

I have asked you before what changes you would like to see AMD make in AM5?

Associate
Because Zen 3 doesn't look like efficient enough compared to ARM and big. LITTLE architectures.

AMD must redesign its CPU architecture, so it better fits in the new reality.

Do you think that 15% performance loss with Windows 11 is all right?

How can you say ZEn3 does not look efficient when ADL is using 300W +, big little at its best i guess. I am not aware of monthly updates that AMD have needed to make since 2017 and i have been using the platform since then, did you forget about all of the security patches that Intel needed to release, how many of those were there in 2019 (i think)

There is a reported performance increase of 15%+ in ZEN 3D with a further 20% in Zen 4, that will see a performance gain in the space of a year of 35% approx, what more do you really need?

Soldato
Why do you guys even engage with him? It's obvious what he's up to.

I can only assume we are talking about that 4K nutter, had it on ignore for years now, and still no idea why OCUK mods haven't banned him for obvious trolling in so many threads, literally a waste of bandwidth what it posts. So much so that mods have actually had to insert posts at the top of threads so others can see them, and contribute due to how many people have it blocked.

Soldato
I can only assume we are talking about that 4K nutter, had it on ignore for years now, and still no idea why OCUK mods haven't banned him for obvious trolling in so many threads, literally a waste of bandwidth what it posts. So much so that mods have actually had to insert posts at the top of threads so others can see them, and contribute due to how many people have it blocked.

Yeah, whacked on ignore when the mods confirmed Flaming and Trolling was now allowed on the forum.

Associate
Why do you guys even engage with him? It's obvious what he's up to.
Honestly i try to give him the benefit of doubt when patience allows and asj him to explain some of the things he says so i can at least understand his opinion. Unfortunately he either ignores the questions all together or comes up with something that is just totally untrue (like the monthly updates since 2017 to fix AMD issues)

Permabanned
Prove it, or belt up. Kthxbai.

I must have missed all that :confused::eek:

The Windows 10 scheduler issues have been present, hence we all need to follow and install every single new chipset driver release, with the hope that things might actually get fixed.

"The Windows 10 May 2019 update, combined with the new chipset driver from AMD, is supposed to improve the process scheduling (aka, the "topology awareness" that AMD's Robert Hallock tweeted about) so that threads from the same application are more likely to run on the same CCX, thus reducing the chance for higher latency memory and cache accesses. And that brings us to the testing and results."
Preparing for Zen: putting AMD's latest chipset drivers to the test | PC Gamer

Everyone who follows, knows what I am saying.

Caporegime
The Forza 4 benchmark from this... https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6600-tested-on-intel-core-i9-12900k-cpu-equipped-system

CPU Simulation:
5950X: Avr 425. (+11%)
12900K: Avr 384.

CPU render:
5950X: Avr 218.
12900K: Avr 229. (+5%)

There is a Shadow of The Tomb Raider run in it too but no Ryzen CPU for comparison, i couldn't run one my self...

Had to run it in Win 8 compatibility mode, doesn't run in Win 11.

Absolutely no idea, something is quite off about their SoTR screenshot, In the CPU Game section it says Avr 206 FPS, that should be the same as the main result at the top, it isn't, it says 112.

I don't know how the #### he got those CPU Game numbers (which is the actual recorded result) with only 17,694 Frames rendered to my 26,305 Frames rendered. That's not right....

DjAhij4.png

aFKnrjL.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
I do not think a single person on the forums who knows what you are saying i am afraid

Only if you ignore the chipset driver related issues, power saving settings, etc.

If you don't follow, then you are just trolling, or have no sufficient knowledge to keep up with the discussion.

Both blind AMD fanboys, and Intel/Nvidia fanboys are annoying.

Associate
Only if you ignore the chipset driver related issues, power saving settings, etc.

If you don't follow, then you are just trolling, or have no sufficient knowledge to keep up with the discussion.

Both blind AMD fanboys, and Intel/Nvidia fanboys are annoying.

I have had no performance issues at all with my 5950X. I have 2 Intel systems and 1 AMD system at home, a fanboy i am not. If i was a AMD fanboy i also would not be running a RTX3080. General consensus around these parts is you have no clue so i wont take your comments to serious. I will tell you now though i am not trolling and follow tech religiously especially tech i am using personally

Permabanned
I have had no performance issues at all with my 5950X. I have 2 Intel systems and 1 AMD system at home, a fanboy i am not. If i was a AMD fanboy i also would not be running a RTX3080. General consensus around these parts is you have no clue so i wont take your comments to serious. I will tell you now though i am not trolling and follow tech religiously especially tech i am using personally

Wow.
AMD has had performance issues back in 2017, back in 2019 and now in 2021.
These are facts, which you can't just say "oh, you have no clue".

Simple trolling.

Even the fact that you have a 10GB graphics card instead of a 16GB AMD Radeon, shows that you have no clue, not me..

Associate
Wow.
AMD has had performance issues back in 2017, back in 2019 and now in 2021.
These are facts, which you can't just say "oh, you have no clue".

Simple trolling.

Even the fact that you have a 10GB graphics card instead of a 16GB AMD Radeon, shows that you have no clue, not me..

The performance issues that happened with AMD this month were down to Microsoft not AMD, are you going t blame Intel when all cores do not work in Windows 10 with ADL? Also you are saying that everyone who bought a 3080 are clueless? You really want to go there with your reputation?

You are getting quite aggressive, i suggest you take a break and gather your thoughts, you are only making yourself look bad

Back
Top Bottom