Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
It looks like CPW is completely out of stock for the pro model, while there's only the black non pro model left. Might be the reason why they're not showing the promotion any more. I'm still within the pre-order period and as mentioned before it's dealt by Google, so I can still claim it.

Soldato
Had hands on just now in Currys, mainly with the 6 as thats what I've ordered.

Booted quick (i had to switch it on as Currys don't seem to think having the phones on might help with demos). Buttery smooth scrolling and very quick jumping app to app.

I can't tell the difference between 90 and 120hz, even side by side, maybe it's old age... I feel there is more difference between 60 and 90 than 90 and 120.

Couldn't do anything with the rear camera as was locked in place but selfie camera looked fine, its as you would expect.

Soldato
This guy got his Pixel 6 early, and since he's not under NDA he's been asking Reddit on what to test on the phone: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdslInxQAM9nMIMSGmwqn0A

Tomorrow's the date reviews are out, but it's a nice glimpse from an average user's point of view. Voice dictation on the 6 surprised me on how well it does with the punctuation, not perfect, but it does a good job pretty fast.

Associate
Soldato
Yeah there's a thread on Reddit about it. Someone saying CPW have withdrawn from the promo due to selling too many phones. But someone else saying it doesn't matter as the promo is with Google so if you meet the TCs it doesn't matter what CPW says.

That's a bit concerning, surely there's a consumer law violation there as the banner was clearly displayed when I ordered. I just checked the order confirmation email and can't see anything about the promotion so maybe they can back out if they like.

Associate
Something has definitely changed , the promotion of the promotion (lol) has 100% been modified/less promoted if at all with other vendors, someone has made this decision for a reason.

There is probably an internal limit that has been set globally or by retailer. I know with the Xperia phones and free headphones that there were limits that got exceeded during the pre order stage of the Xperia 1ii and 5ii, XM3 got replaced with lesser models.

Has anyone had a look through the terms and conditions?

They probably didn't expect the Pixel 6 and Pro to sell quite as well as it has!

Soldato
There is probably an internal limit that has been set globally or by retailer. I know with the Xperia phones and free headphones that there were limits that got exceeded during the pre order stage of the Xperia 1ii and 5ii, XM3 got replaced with lesser models.

Has anyone had a look through the terms and conditions?

They probably didn't expect the Pixel 6 and Pro to sell quite as well as it has!
Terms do say a replacement of equal value etc might be given.

Associate
This guy got his Pixel 6 early, and since he's not under NDA he's been asking Reddit on what to test on the phone: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdslInxQAM9nMIMSGmwqn0A

Tomorrow's the date reviews are out, but it's a nice glimpse from an average user's point of view. Voice dictation on the 6 surprised me on how well it does with the punctuation, not perfect, but it does a good job pretty fast.

Here is the photo link https://photos.app.goo.gl/guLxFSduepxkXe6p6
don't know if these have been resized or post processed but the first three garden pics show much better corner to corner sharpness compared to the Vivo x70 pro which has the same sensor

Soldato
I went for the Cyber Edition Pixel 6 case. Getting my phone on 26th Oct. The case will be here at some point Nov.

Hopefully will not scratch it up before then.

https://latercase.com/products/google-pixel-6-thin-case

That looks really nice and seems to be the style of case that I like - e.g. open top and bottom (not fully enclosed). But it's a shame they're not shipping yet. I wonder if anyone else does a case of a similar shape.

Associate
Spigen Liquid Air and Spigen Align Master Screen protectors ready to go.

P8ZvvvG.jpg
eDCy5Cs

eDCy5Cs

Soldato
What smart watch or fitness bands would you guys recommend with the Pixel?

Google own fitbit so that would be the obvious choice but it seems fitbit doesn't support google fit and you have to use the fitbit app. Not a deal breaker but it's not a very good app.

The new Samsung watch uses WatchOS from Google rather than Tizen but still relies on Samsung Health unless I'm mistaken.

Soldato

Google own fitbit so that would be the obvious choice but it seems fitbit doesn't support google fit and you have to use the fitbit app. Not a deal breaker but it's not a very good app.

The new Samsung watch uses WatchOS from Google rather than Tizen but still relies on Samsung Health unless I'm mistaken.

If you just want a basic band the mi band 6 for about £30 is fantastic. I used that for steps running before getting serious and going Garmin.

Personally I waiting for true Google fitbits or a pixel watch.

Associate

I've been using a Fitbit versa 2 since it launched. Been brilliant for rides and walks. Always worked perfectly and is accurate regarding tracking.
I also use it loads to pay for stuff via fitbit pay using my Starling account.
I will be deffo be getting another when it breaks. The battery is not the best anymore, gone from 5 days to 1.5 days but that's to be expected with the age of it I suppose.
The thing I like about it the most is that I don't know I'm wearing it, so light and comfy.
Edit* Starling has just set their contactless payment limit to £100 also. Bonus

Associate

I used to have a Huawei Smart watch2 classic and now for the first gen Samsung 46mm watch. It's very heavy! And the Huawei one wasn't very fast, I'm waiting for the Pixel watch to drop, but may go Garmin also. But probably just wait.

Personally I waiting for true Google fitbits or a pixel watch.

Any idea when the pixel watch will be out?

Soldato
That looks really nice and seems to be the style of case that I like - e.g. open top and bottom (not fully enclosed). But it's a shame they're not shipping yet. I wonder if anyone else does a case of a similar shape.
Worst fitting case I have ever seen. The first one arrived for my pixel 5 and would not go around edges and when forced would pop off, email to customer service ended up with a replacement "hand checked" coming my way.. replacement didn't fit well either and at that point I gave up and threw it in the box of cases I'll never use/buy again. So my personal experience? Avoid.

Back
Top Bottom