Best frozen oven chips

Soldato
With stock shortages meaning I had to deviate from the usual Mccain Home Style, I tried Mccain Triple Cooked Gastro chips. They were impressive tbh. A lot of fat left in the tray, though, so probably not very good for you :D

Soldato
Not a fan of crinkle cut chips for some reason. We usually stick to McCains home chips. Might have to try something else though as they seem to be unavailable currently!

Soldato
With stock shortages meaning I had to deviate from the usual Mccain Home Style, I tried Mccain Triple Cooked Gastro chips. They were impressive tbh. A lot of fat left in the tray, though, so probably not very good for you :D

Yeah, they're decent for a treat. Go nicely with a steak. :D

Otherwise McCain skin-on or home fries are usually found in the freezer. Occasionally try the supermarket own brands and end up being disappointed.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, they're decent for a treat. Go nicely with a steak. :D

Otherwise McCain skin-on or home fries are usually found in the freezer. Occasionally try the supermarket own brands and end up being disappointed.
All supermarket frozen oven chips are rank imo.

They’re not frozen, but McCain do fresh fries called salt and shake, they are absolutely superb. So much flavour.

https://www.mccain.co.uk/products/chilled/shake-shake-fries/

Soldato
All supermarket frozen oven chips are rank imo.

They’re not frozen, but McCain do fresh fries called salt and shake, they are absolutely superb. So much flavour.

https://www.mccain.co.uk/products/chilled/shake-shake-fries/

Yeah, those and the paprika ones are very good i find.

I always just make them myself though. I never bother peeling the potatoes, just cut them into ship shapes, parboil slightly then whack in the over at 220C for ~20 minutes. Coated in whatever spices i fancy. Usually red salt!

Soldato
I always just make them myself though. I never bother peeling the potatoes, just cut them into ship shapes, parboil slightly then whack in the over at 220C for ~20 minutes. Coated in whatever spices i fancy. Usually red salt!

Me too. Never peel. Oil, salt, pepper and garlic/onion granules.

Back
Top Bottom