Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Caporegime
Soldato
So...your source is a reddit thread. In that thread they're not saying a (blank) round was a live round but the weapon was 'live'. So basically you can't read. Not only are you a waste of time but yet again you've shown yourself to not be very clever.

Yeah I'm sure he's lying on an uncontrolled platform on the subsection of movies with everyone and their dog wants to jump in to prove someone else wrong...

Nah Dis86, fact is you're spamming this thread so hard talking trash you're actually useless at providing information about something as trivial as whether it was a bullet firing cartridge or a blank.

Don't worry though, still #1 poster in the thread, high status :cry:

Soldato
LOL how am I desperate to convict someone? I don't know whether he will be convicted, I can certainly share my view that he (as the actor who fired the shot and owner of the productions company that has had all these issues) and the AD and the armourer are all to blame for this though.

Oh, look who is commenting now right after criticising others for doing the same... :D

I was commenting on a video from a professional who was going off court docs. Not gossip. So nothing like the same. Of course you’ll just continue to dig away like always :rolleyes:

Permabanned
These arguments can likely only be settled by a duel with firearms or by Russian Roulette :) If you run someone down in your car and kill them do you think some luvvies in the US will be caring and hammering out the pros and cons of your guilt or innocence? This obsession with heatedly debating Yanks and guns in the UK is bizarre. Is it a worldwide thing?

Caporegime
Nah Dis86, fact is you're spamming this thread so hard talking trash you're actually useless at providing information about something as trivial as whether it was a bullet firing cartridge or a blank.

Don't worry though, still #1 poster in the thread, high status :cry:

Not in the slightest. You're just showing your mega high IQ again and the fact that you can't comprehend the difference between a weapon and a round.

Soldato
Not in the slightest. You're just showing your mega high IQ again and the fact that you can't comprehend the difference between a weapon and a round.

Ah yes critical difference and not you being a useless troll at all.

10 posts of BS because you were ignorant but posted confrontationally anyway and now you want to muddy the water as if your dignity is worth something when I demonstrate with crayons for your benefit that, yes there is confusion over whether there was a bullet or not.

But it's not about a bullet or not to Dis86... it's about the points...

Caporegime
Ah yes critical difference and not you being a useless troll at all.

10 posts of BS because you were ignorant but posted confrontationally anyway and now you want to muddy the water as if your dignity is worth something when I demonstrate with crayons for your benefit that, yes there is confusion over whether there was a bullet or not.

But it's not about a bullet or not to Dis86... it's about the points...

Sorry...what does this do to address the actual point you're attempting to make, that so far you haven't supported and infact have contradicted your own post on? Come on, keep going top IQ poster.

Commissario
If it's a revolver, it's a very easy task.

It’s very simple to open the cylinder and check for the presence of rounds in the chambers but without removing each one individually, how can you tell whether they’re live or blanks?

It’s relatively straightforward with moon clips but on an old Western style weapon, the rounds will be loaded one at a time. Are you suggesting that when being handed a weapon, the actor should remove each individual round and check it?

The majority of my competition shooting has been with revolvers and it’s second nature when handed a weapon to just pop the cylinder out to check to see whether it’s loaded or not. Even if I see the person who passes it to me close an empty cylinder, I’d still open it to check and say ‘clear’.

I don’t know if the thread is suggesting an actor should check every single round, I’ve skim read it so apologies if I’ve picked up the vibe incorrectly.

Caporegime
It’s very simple to open the cylinder and check for the presence of rounds in the chambers but without removing each one individually, how can you tell whether they’re live or blanks?

It’s relatively straightforward with moon clips but on an old Western style weapon, the rounds will be loaded one at a time. Are you suggesting that when being handed a weapon, the actor should remove each individual round and check it?

The majority of my competition shooting has been with revolvers and it’s second nature when handed a weapon to just pop the cylinder out to check to see whether it’s loaded or not. Even if I see the person who passes it to me close an empty cylinder, I’d still open it to check and say ‘clear’.

I don’t know if the thread is suggesting an actor should check every single round, I’ve skim read it so apologies if I’ve picked up the vibe incorrectly.

In a revolver the front of the rounds are visible at the front of the cylinder - it has to be open fronted. You will very easily be able to see if it has a bullet in the round or not.

Soldato
Sorry...what does this do to address the actual point you're attempting to make, that so far you haven't supported and infact have contradicted your own post on? Come on, keep going top IQ poster.

The points are all in your head just as I said.

The question put to the OCUK thread on the Baldwin shooting was: whether the vagueness of a bullet being fired was cleared up yet and I get a keyboard monkey who says he knows nothing about it but wants to argue anyway. Disgusting.

Caporegime
Ahh, so sweeping yourself. Even with the cylinder open, I’d be very wary of doing that.

I've only ever used a revolver once but when I used it the instructor used a speedloader with the 6 rounds pre-loaded and demonstrated they were live to me before loading it. He then popped the cylinder to the side and gave it a rotation or two so it was possible to just about view the tips of the bullets before he closed it up and passed it to me.
I imagine it's even easier if it's a model where you don't need to disassemble it to remove the chamber?

Caporegime
The points are all in your head just as I said.

The question put to the OCUK thread on the Baldwin shooting was: whether the vagueness of a bullet being fired was cleared up yet and I get a keyboard monkey who says he knows nothing about it but wants to argue anyway. Disgusting.

The question is all in your head. The vagueness is in your head. You're making things up.

Take your meds.

Soldato
In a revolver the front of the rounds are visible at the front of the cylinder - it has to be open fronted. You will very easily be able to see if it has a bullet in the round or not.

You have the added complication that inert bullets that have ball bearings in them are used so the gun can appear to be fully loaded to the camera looking at the front of the round wont help you identify if it is a live round or not.

Caporegime
I was commenting on a video from a professional who was going off court docs. Not gossip. So nothing like the same. Of course you’ll just continue to dig away like always :rolleyes:

Lol, you’re the one who keeps on quoting me with petty swipes, my posts aren’t just based on gossip but the same facts you’ve referenced too. If you’ve got anything substantial to say re anything I’ve posted the go ahead, it’s all be weak nonsense so far.

Like TMZ having Hollywood rumours? No **** :D

Caporegime
You have the added complication that inert bullets that have ball bearings in them are used so the gun can appear to be fully loaded to the camera looking at the front of the round wont help you identify if it is a live round or not.

I've literally never seen or heard of those outside of criminal activities. Got any links?

To me they're going to be nigh on as lethal as a full round!

Surely you'd just use a dummy round?

Soldato
The question is all in your head. The vagueness is in your head. You're making things up.

Take your meds.

You're a waste of thread space Dis86 and the evidence is the ~dozen posts since I asked if a bullet was confirmed fired and you decided to talk **** despite having ZERO information.

NYTimes seems to be reasonably updated and says on the matter:

What we don’t know
  • What type of projectile the gun contained. We do not know whether it was live ammunition, a blank (meaning a cartridge without a bullet, but with gunpowder and wadding that can sometimes be ejected forcefully enough to kill) or something else.

Don't worry, NYTimes can't take away your efforts to be the highest posting if not actually useful member in this thread.

Caporegime
You're a waste of thread space Dis86 and the evidence is the ~dozen posts since I asked if a bullet was confirmed fired and you decided to talk **** despite having ZERO information.

NYTimes seems to be reasonably updated and says on the matter:

Don't worry, NYTimes can't take away your efforts to be the highest posting if not actually useful member in this thread.

What's that got to do with your original post?

So has it been stated that "live" meant a cartridge with a projectile and not a "live" blank as the term is used on film sets.

They're totally different questions. Go take your meds.

Back
Top Bottom