We've not had halloween yet?

Soldato
I'll admit to buying a couple of boxes of 'Festive Friends'...they're just animal biscuits but with snowmen etc :D...putting things on the shelfs between the aisles works!

Soldato
Xmas adverts have already started once november hits it'll be none stop shoved in your face.
It’s the Christmas music that gets me. No other time of year do so few songs gets played to death. Even the tv stations I have in the background - Now 70s and 80s get dropped for Now Xmas.

Then have the ‘joys’ of having 7-8 hours of this crap. No customers want it, colleagues hate it. We are stressed out as it is without the slitting wrists song Lonely This Christmas by Mud

Soldato
It’s the Christmas music that gets me. No other time of year do so few songs gets played to death. Even the tv stations I have in the background - Now 70s and 80s get dropped for Now Xmas.

Then have the ‘joys’ of having 7-8 hours of this crap. No customers want it, colleagues hate it. We are stressed out as it is without the slitting wrists song Lonely This Christmas by Mud

Great song.

I can't get worked up seeing Halloween decor in October itself. E.g. I went to Disneyland Paris in October 2018 and their Halloween decor was up, spooky music etc.

Halloween-specific pranks such as trick-or-treating though should only be held on the night itself, 31st October. The chainsaw-wielding clowns prank that went on for weeks before the 31st a few years ago crossed the line imo.

Soldato

"Now here it is, merry christmas everybodys having fun!" Slade. Every year since 1973 or whenever it was. God I hate that song! Actually I don't but I do get sick of death of hearing it every bloody year.

Yes I am the grinch lol.

Soldato
What was the excuse when they did it every other year then?:cry:

I like it, I like (nearly) all Christmas songs really, I guess if I worked in retail and heard them 8 hours a day from October to Christmas I would change my mind!
It’s only December. The toy shop The Entertainer starts playing them now! As went to one around this time of year three years ago and walked out when I heard Noddy belting out ‘IT’S CHRISTMAS!’. Yet the CEO is a strict Christian- so his shops close on Sunday. Makes no logical sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom