BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Will my 428i GC have exhaust valves that activate in Sport mode?
yes IIRC, the outer of the two tailpipes has a valve. in comfort and eco pro it's closed unless the engine is at high revs...then it's open. in sport/sport+ the valve is open all the time.
but as an ex-owner of a 428i and then a 440i (and now with the power and sound kit), the N20 engine with the stock exhaust isn't very loud or poppy

Caporegime
yes IIRC, the outer of the two tailpipes has a valve. in comfort and eco pro it's closed unless the engine is at high revs...then it's open. in sport/sport+ the valve is open all the time.
but as an ex-owner of a 428i and then a 440i (and now with the power and sound kit), the N20 engine with the stock exhaust isn't very loud or poppy
Just tried it in sport and it does sound better, I just don't like the jerkinesss of the shifts and the heavier steering. A shame I can't have the noise and the comfort settings.

Man of Honour
Just tried it in sport and it does sound better, I just don't like the jerkinesss of the shifts and the heavier steering. A shame I can't have the noise and the comfort settings.
You should be able to customise this in the menu

what xenon said. you can customise the sports settings in the menu
you'd want to deselect chassis (ie drivetrain only)

Soldato

M performance parts seem to be coming soon for the new 4 series. I think this is a much better version of the grill (not quite as good as m4 but better than the usual 4 series grill)

Back
Top Bottom