Printing with tpu

Soldato
I've done this a couple if times, but it seems OK for small prints, but doesn't seem to come out on larger ones. I can print out a 1cm cube, but a phone case doesn't work right. Is it just a really fiddly material to use.

Soldato
Haven’t used it but as far as flexible go thats pretty hard, should be easy enough to print with a half decent direct drive… just don’t try to go too fast.

With TPU it is very important that it’s completely dry. Print quality, stringing etc is all massively worse if the filament has moisture in it… well worth investing in a food dryer or similar for 3d printing as a lot of the filament likes to be dry.

I find it also helps to go a bit hotter, flows more easily that way. I’ll check what my settings are for 95A this afternoon when I get a chance. Also make sure the nozzle isn’t partially clogged, you can do an atomic pull and/or run some cleaning filament through it.

What exactly is going wrong with your larger prints? Also as an aside worth calibrating print if doing something that needs to fit another object - I find 95A TPU I use needs ~0.5% scaling up to accommodate thermal shrinkage.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Haven’t used it but as far as flexible go thats pretty hard, should be easy enough to print with a half decent direct drive… just don’t try to go too fast.

With TPU it is very important that it’s completely dry. Print quality, stringing etc is all massively worse if the filament has moisture in it… well worth investing in a food dryer or similar for 3d printing as a lot of the filament likes to be dry.

I find it also helps to go a bit hotter, flows more easily that way. I’ll check what my settings are for 95A this afternoon when I get a chance. Also make sure the nozzle isn’t partially clogged, you can do an atomic pull and/or run some cleaning filament through it.

What exactly is going wrong with your larger prints? Also as an aside worth calibrating print if doing something that needs to fit another object - I find 95A TPU I use needs ~0.5% scaling up to accommodate thermal shrinkage.
It's wierd, there was just no filament coming through, so don't know if the actual print is dodgy.

Back
Top Bottom