Mat for thick carpet to improve chair movement

Associate
Not exactly chairs, but I've got a pretty heavy chair which is great in all aspects, until it comes to moving. Our computer room has extremely thick carpet and the wheels sink in making it very hard to move, and when I do manage to move, it crashes into my wife's chair behind, or my desk because it's so sudden...

Are there any decent/recommended mats or something to put on the thick carpet to make the chair move a bit easier? As I work from home I go through a lot of tea and coffee, which means a lot of getting in and out!

Man of Honour
I use a floor protector like above - they are a bit expensive at the moment possibly due to people buying them up for working from home but if you look around somewhere usually has them at a decent price at any one time - there are different types for carpet vs laminate and different depths of carpet, etc. you may or may not find it useful to put something like a barrier mat on top (though it will move around a bit over time unless you use some heavy duty method of sticking them together).

Associate
OP
I use a floor protector like above - they are a bit expensive at the moment possibly due to people buying them up for working from home but if you look around somewhere usually has them at a decent price at any one time - there are different types for carpet vs laminate and different depths of carpet, etc. you may or may not find it useful to put something like a barrier mat on top (though it will move around a bit over time unless you use some heavy duty method of sticking them together).
Thanks for both replies - I'll take a look. Anything has to be better than using full force to move the chair an inch or so, and knock my desk!

Back
Top Bottom