• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I sell my Vega56

Soldato
Hi all,

I currently have a Saphire Pulse Vega56 with the Samsung memory.

It’s done me proud and, at 39 I had hoped it might see me to the end of my gaming days.

However despite a house renovation, two kids, a job and a wife, I do still find a little time.

with that in mind, I’m thinking I should sell it and upgrade.

I’m currently running an AMD 3600x, 16GB of ram and a B450 Tomahawk. My psu is a lovely seasonic 1000w Gold.

currently i game at 1080p but do fancy a larger monitor and one more card to see me out.

what would you recommend? I note I can get a good price for my Vega because of mining and it’s fully boxed etc.

cheers all

Man of Honour
Is the 3060ti enough of an upgrade?
Google 3060ti relative performance and switch to image search, you'll see a nice little chart showing percentages based off of an aggregate of games at different resolutions. From my brief look, you're talking ~70% increase in performance.

Soldato
OP
The last RTX 3060Ti FE drop lasted 10 seconds before they sold out @ £369.99 . In the real world, the RTX 3060Ti costs £650.

yes this is my experience also - I fear the 3060ti is not going to be quiet enough to last me and so perhaps a 3070ti would offer a little more future proofing? Prices are laughable of course but im acutely aware of the value of my vega at the moment which can’t last forever

Soldato
When there was a 3060ti and 3070ti FE drop, I was dead set on getting a 3060ti.

By the time I clicked on the Telegram alert link, the 3060ti was sold out. However, clicked on the 3070ti link and it was still in stock.

3060ti is more desirable due to the lower MSRP price and I believe it doesn't have LHR, so everyone is going for that. If you're willing to push your budget a little, you might get a 3070ti.

I went from a Vega 56 to a 3070ti and doubled FPS at 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom