• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Soldato
Have a feeling it is going to be punishing even for nvidia ampere given the focus they have put on ray tracing and the environments they've designed to really show it of. Nvidia 40xx can't come soon enough :p

Its just RT reflections so it won't really make much of a difference. You need the whole combo of RT global illumination, reflections and shadows to make it worth it.

Caporegime
Its just RT reflections so it won't really make much of a difference. You need the whole combo of RT global illumination, reflections and shadows to make it worth it.

I thought I seen somewhere that shadows were also going to be used?

Either way, at least it looks like the environments have been made for RT reflections in mind, so will look a lot better than FC 6 bodged "ray tracing" implementation :p

I just hope this game is good though, avengers was a disaster.

Caporegime
Icarus (beta) has both FSR and dlss (2.3), does a pretty good job the both of them. This is the first game where I have seen a DLSS sharpness slider too. I personally keep it pretty far down though as don't like any sign of over sharpening at all, that and dlss doesn't need it as much as what FSR does imo.

Not a lot of comparisons as all areas look much the same.

Some DLSS VS native:

CUwTnxp.jpg

xpANBxs.jpg

Tsp3Zvu.jpg

S4VQ7n2.jpg

P2H6Bt3.jpg

DLueKQm.jpg

DLSS VS FSR, dlss sharpness setting at 0.25 and FSR sharpening at 0.95:

uApQGHv.jpg

qDujS8E.jpg

lTZiDts.jpg

bnp6C3Y.jpg

wIDk5aU.jpg

Fgi07zF.jpg

v0PjuxP.jpg

XIS9iBC.jpg

T7n2Fjd.jpg

yot85o5.jpg

I'll be sticking with DLSS personally. Can't see any issues with motion using dlss or FSR either

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Bla bla bla ;) :p
I guess you would not put money on it then. Not even a small amount for laughs :cry:

No way will Nvidia wait 28 months between architectures especially if AMD execute on time with RDNA3.
Yea, I can’t see it with AMD being so close this time and breathing down their neck. Sure we have shortages etc but bar a delay on due difficulties with yields or something I see it coming out before or after Q1 2023. Enough to put a tenner on it anyway.

Soldato
Haha - I think might end up being Q1 2024 with how crap the AMD cards are from a Ray tracing perspective... I don't see NVIDIA being in a rush..

It's easier to catch up than break new ground yeah, it means it's easier for AMD to catch Nvidia in RT than for Nvidia to make further big strides.

And more importantly there isn't enough RT games yet to be able to make GPU choices solely on RT performance. AMD would still claim victory if they can get a GPU with big rasterisation leads over the 3090 even if it's RT performance didn't change at all.

So there is no way Nvidia could get away with delays, or rebrands at this stage, they don't have the headroom

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's easier to catch up than break new ground yeah, it means it's easier for AMD to catch Nvidia in RT than for Nvidia to make further big strides.

And more importantly there isn't enough RT games yet to be able to make GPU choices solely on RT performance. AMD would still claim victory if they can get a GPU with big rasterisation leads over the 3090 even if it's RT performance didn't change at all.

So there is no way Nvidia could get away with delays, or rebrands at this stage, they don't have the headroom
Wow, did not expect you to say that. As I recall you used to defend RT and DLSS (first version) and thought of you as an Nvidia missionary. Lol.

Besides there is a good chance AMD’s next gen GPU will at the very least catch up with what Nvidia have now. Assuming they will indeed be an mcm design.

Soldato
I thought I seen somewhere that shadows were also going to be used?

Either way, at least it looks like the environments have been made for RT reflections in mind, so will look a lot better than FC 6 bodged "ray tracing" implementation :p

I just hope this game is good though, avengers was a disaster.

I don't think so, it's looking like FC6 solution to me, i.e. sparse RT used to fix up raster deficiencies, because they already have competent all-around solutions that only need RT for that extra push (see glass comparison at 1:35). You can see this if you pay attention to how much it affects the specularity of materials in particular (compared to f.ex The Ascent, esp. if you max out the roughness thanks to Unreal Unlocker). Plus they've also nuked the RT res like FC6. Worst of all - they've had the same kook up with puddles that DMC V's RT implementation on consoles had, where it almost looks like a candy bar foil rip (1:41) rather than actual puddles (like in CP2077 & WD:L, or indeed The Ascent).
Imo DLSS is a bigger deal here because I think the biggest problem with this game's visuals is just how grainy and low-res it looks at times, it's like they decided to be miserly with the polygon budget & texture res. So doing 8K DLSS Q/P will make a bigger visual difference than maxing out settings to ultra/RT.
I just can't shake the feeling that it looks like a PS4 game plopped down on PC. The art style is cool but the geometry budget is way too low, I just hate that so much. It's a weird situation because they did a much better job with DX:MD (tho there the NPC lip-syncing was horrific), so dunno what happened in the meantime.

https://youtu.be/7-QqjYQ96z8

Caporegime
I though the reflections looked alright but yeah the puddles in there didn't look too good....

1 more day to go anyway to see what is what, I suspect performance will be awful too.

Soldato
I though the reflections looked alright but yeah the puddles in there didn't look too good....

1 more day to go anyway to see what is what, I suspect performance will be awful too.

Actually I take back what I said. They must've showed some much earlier builds because it looks WAY better for the PC pre-release.

PC Master Race Latinoamérica has a bunch of videos out now.

Back
Top Bottom