• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HELP low gpu usage in all games,rtx 2070

Associate
I have upgraded to a 3800x but ever since i seem to be getting low gpu usage,it hardly ever goes above 60% on every game @1440p, ive tried 4k to see if that helps but no, still wont go to 90% usage.

Recently ive also upgraded my case and have a 1tb nvme, i put a new fresh version of windows on the nvme when i upgraded the other day.

Have tried reinstalling the gpu drivers 6 times, every time a clean install, have even tried a older driver but was exactly the same,tried power management in control panel (performance and optimal settings) i just dont know whats wrong? my gpu just wont use over 60ish% in games, the games ive tried are insurgency sandstorm...battlefield 5....rising storm vietnam...and hell let loose.

This issue is doing my nut right in lol oh i downloaded heaven benchmark and in that my gpu does run up to 99%, its just in games.

Can anyone help!

Thanks

oh and cpu usage is low, under 40%

Right, i dont get this, just tried half life 2 with mmod, maxed @4k and get over 90% usage, this is the only game i do, fps is way over 120 and sometimes hitting 250fps, very strange

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Fixed battlefield :) if anyone gets low gpu usage in bf5 then delete the battlefield 5 folder from my documents, then start game, worked great for me as now have over 90% usage with it mostly being sat at 99%....
only weird thing is i can only change the resolution and the graphics in the basic section, if i change them in the advanced it messes up agin so have to play it how it automatically sets me up which is maxed out.

Guess the other games are just poorly optimised as they have always been a bit of a bugger to run.

Back
Top Bottom