• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel top GPU to cost around $800

Caporegime
I think they just won't sell then, in big numbers anyway. Higher end cards are readily anyway, so if this leak is anything to go by people who were waiting will just go red or green now.
And with rumours of 6500xt and 3050/ti being available soon, i'm not sure Intel will do very well there either.
Who wants to guineapig previously mass untested drivers?

They'll have no problem shifting them if they have a decent hashrate.

Soldato
Who cares? There's plenty of high end cards already.

Hopefully Intel's lower end cards will be competitively priced. That's where the shortage is. In fact, no low end cards have been released yet by either Nvidia or AMD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who cares? There's plenty of high end cards already.

Hopefully Intel's lower end cards will be competitively priced. That's where the shortage is. In fact, no low end cards have been released yet by either Nvidia or AMD.
The last low end card was the GT1030 truly... I remember the days of the 8400GS and Radeon 2400 PRO that were a big step up from previous low end cards. Not any more.

Soldato
I think it's a mistake, should be priced no more than £570 vat included (£100 more than RTX 3070 FE), a bit more more for overclocked versions.

I'd wait for the official prices for the graphics cards themselves, rather than bundles. Maybe intel is trying to make megabucks by packaging cards with whole computers or other components.

Soldato
Intel needs to break into the high end / desktop graphics market, so I expect their prices to be more competitive than AMD's and Nvidia's, but it will depend massively on the number TSMC can produce (assuming they have settled with TSMC's 6nm EUV fab. process).

It might also be affected by a potential refresh of RDNA 2 GPUs in Q1/Q2 2022, especially if both Intel and AMD are using a similar 6nm fabrication process.

Last edited:
Associate
Intel needs to break into the high end / desktop graphics market, so I expect their prices to be more competitive than AMD's and Nvidia's, but it will depend massively on the number TSMC can produce (assuming they have settled with TSMC's 6nm EUV fab. process).

It might also be affected by a potential refresh of RDNA 2 GPUs in Q1/Q2 2022, especially if both Intel and AMD are using a similar 6nm fabrication process.

Indeed... AMD GPU production is inadequate and this might make it worse..

Back
Top Bottom