Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Last few versions were horrible, particularly the last one which bombed hard, but am excited to give it another go see if they regained their senses; ultimately there's not much else in terms of H'n'S that's any decent out there. Masteries seem really cool so far & am aiming for that new uber belt. Think I'll start storm brand occu and then switch to my more favoured HoT autobomer once I get a few key items.

Soldato
Think I'm going to try Nugi's Poisonous Concoction build, see how it goes in the first 2-3 acts. If it fails will most likely go over to Bane Occultist, tried it last league and it was happy doing red maps with low budget gear

Associate
Not going to try and pull all nighters and bumrush endgame this league, just done 2 acts and calling it a night for now. Went with phys trapper in the end.
Levelling once you get a 3 link and Lightning Trap is so smooth

Soldato
the poisonous concoction build is good, strong single target and pretty good clear
if you've not started yet, make sure to pick a build with some defence layers, the league mechanic can be pretty rippy

Soldato
yeah I'm only in act 7 but the mob density is starting to ramp up. You can just pop in and out of it to save juice, kill everything close then pop back out
The streamers in maps are getting way better rewards

Soldato
Really confused by this league. Lots of people seem to be enjoying it saying it's one of the best
So far I've had 2 average items from Krangling, lots of bricked items
The nodes to add sockets or links, I've not had this happen yet a single time, should be over 10% chance for both
Earning currency has been massively nerfed from 3.13 and 3.15
Finding good bases or good uniques again massively nerfed

Theme wise love it, the krangle device is cool and the map swapping is really slick

Soldato
Finding the league mechanic really meh if you do anything other than a linear map. Would rather the loot (what little of it that they seem to be dropping) was done delirium / incursion style at your feet. Really manic and hard to tell if something dropped sometime if you’ve had to go a little farther afield to find mobs, and I don’t fancy dipping in and out of Scourge all the time.

Soldato
After playing over the weekend, I really don't like the league mechanic. It's extremely rippy, scourging items takes forever, and the chance of getting a good scourge seems far too low - like a tier 2 scourge I had gave me +23% lightning resistance, but took away -22% cold resistance... so what's the point? Also it's took easy to brick an item that I don't want to scourge any of my better items as it might rip it by adding like +80 dex/int/str requirement or totally screw my resists.

Really enjoying the new skills and tree changes though, so there's that :)

Associate
It's ok so far, I got some semi useful levelling items during the story. Basically ones with a large amounts of regen which made life a little easier. The best Item I've had was a shield with decent resists and extra block chance, it then corrupted to give +8% increased block chance / % increased attribute requirements, that carried me for several acts until I invested into block chance on the tree with Glancing blows.

Now that I'm in maps I'm still running the encounters, but it's more to just level the tree up for later as it feels more like a min/maxing exercise now. Well rolled items are just too valuable to risk in my eyes until I'm fully decked out.

Map drop rate feels horrendous already, really struggling to sustain and have spent a lot of chance orbs already on Zana. The currency drop rate is hard to gauge, it feels great for a couple of maps and then there's literally nothing dropping for a couple after that.

Build wise it was far smoother to level than last league, the damage has been much better from the off and it's let me focus on more defensive options on the tree. The restore 2% life on ignite from the master tree and the new recover 2-4% life on cursed enemy kills has been great for me, I didn't die until I hit maps and the Scourge encounters haven't really been an issue at all. You definitely need more time though, or at least be able to recover some of the meter with kills whilst you are in the realm.

I bet the music composer is kicking himself a little for the hard work he does, he only really needed to make a quick ten second track this league :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Just hit maps, not had a single usable scourge item. :cry: Going ok though.

Tectonic slam chieftain.
Interested in your build. I'm running earthshatter but finding dps starting to chug, and I don't like warcry piano, nor having to jump in the middle of packs.

80/78/78/48 on res, 90% phys, 5.5k health, 0 evasion, and I still get mangle by some scourge mobs. One can do up to 22k lightning every 6 seconds...

Permabanned
Interested in your build. I'm running earthshatter but finding dps starting to chug, and I don't like warcry piano, nor having to jump in the middle of packs.

80/78/78/48 on res, 90% phys, 5.5k health, 0 evasion, and I still get mangle by some scourge mobs. One can do up to 22k lightning every 6 seconds...

Not sure how viable it is yet, only done a few maps and it's still a "levelling" build at level 75, not even capped resistances. :eek:

First warcry build I have tried, its not too bad, just infernal cry when mapping, totems + intimidating for bosses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom