Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
I saved my pack for midweek so I can get Salah :)

I got Bellingham and Chilwell reds. Barely sbc fodder!

I conceded so many late goals this weekend, a recurring theme every game. One game he scored to equalise in both the 90th and 120th minutes and I went on to lose on pens. I don’t think I’ll ever get above rank 2, I’m just not good enough. Waaaah

I still haven’t found a formation neither, it’s a lottery each game. 41212, 433, 4312 and 4231. None of them bring me any satisfaction, even when losing you can tell if a formation suits but none of them do :)

Have you tried 4222 or 3atb?
5atb with gegen pressing can be fun too :p

Don
Have you tried 4222 or 3atb?
5atb with gegen pressing can be fun too :p

Completely forgot but 4222 is a saved tactic and that is actually my chosen one at the start.

Hated 5 at the back in precious fifas! 3 I know I’ll just get exploited more however I go with the logic of concede a lot but score a lot too so maybe not a bad shout.

Soldato
Yeah, I am not using him to his full potential at all. The goals I concede are exactly how I want to use Mbappe, through ball and him on the shoulder of the last man, I can never create these chances, weird really. My go to goal is get to the by-line with a quick winger and cut it back.
I think the issue is there's that many people playing drop back it's making the through balls difficult unless you have fast build up and long ball at to get people going on the counter.

Must have had about 6 in a row doing the drop back, in the end I just needed one more win and the guy caught me in a bad mood when he also did full drop back. I managed to get a goal in the second half around 60 mins then just passed it around at the back with zero pressure from him as he didn't have another tactic set. Idiot.

Permabanned
Bugger all in Prime pack/picks. Feels like I am falling way behind the card escalation already, no time to trade and attempting to not buy packs this year!

So either play loads more, trade, buy packs or give up. :D

Soldato
For those of you who've pushed into elite how big is the skill gap? I'm closing in on it but hesitant about being stuck there if every game is maximum sweat and worse than WL.

Cant answer that question but I have read that the divisions will be reset at end of season (back to 10) and EA are looking into relegation coming back.......

Associate
I really don't know how people consistently generate the funds to do all these SBC's etc.

The amount of times I come against teams with 5/6 special cards. - I've managed the Bernardo Silva one this week which I'm chuffed at.

I guess I just can't play enough/well enough to get them higher end rewards. First FIFA in about 5 years, so not really sure on what I should be doing!

Don
Been messing with 352, it's good fun, Hakami and Mendy as my CDMs and Guendouzi dropping into CB, sounds stupid but working nicely. I know if I then sold players to go full on 352 it will go to ****

Permabanned
I really don't know how people consistently generate the funds to do all these SBC's etc.

The amount of times I come against teams with 5/6 special cards. - I've managed the Bernardo Silva one this week which I'm chuffed at.

I guess I just can't play enough/well enough to get them higher end rewards. First FIFA in about 5 years, so not really sure on what I should be doing!

Trading, buying packs, lucky pulls. (Possibly playing loads but mostly the others)

Soldato
Been messing with 352, it's good fun, Hakami and Mendy as my CDMs and Guendouzi dropping into CB, sounds stupid but working nicely. I know if I then sold players to go full on 352 it will go to ****
That's a new one. Who's playing on the wings?

Had some pack luck last couple of days and managed to pack Mendy and Kimpembe(freed up 65k). Was then able to get walker and scraped VVD into the team.
Playing 4222 mostly but sometimes switch to 41212-2 with:
Ben Yedder - Lukaku
RTTK Silva - RTTK Fekir
TOTW Tchoukameni - KDB
Mendy-Kimpembe-VVD-Walker
Alisson

Pushing for Rank 2 Div 2 right now.

Soldato
OP
Cant answer that question but I have read that the divisions will be reset at end of season (back to 10) and EA are looking into relegation coming back.......
Source? I hope that and weekend league gets another overhaul. I miss having proper ranks in the weekend league 8 and 12 wins just seems relatively easy and feels kinda meaningless, the grind for elite was always intense frustrating but something to strive for. I like the 20 game format but not the ranks.

As for rivals im also closing in on Elite and every game is a struggle already, the sooner they bring relegations back the better!

ive had the worst pack luck this year in the world, fully liquid I have 1.1m and I’m getting out teamed constantly to neymar Mbappe and icons.

Soldato
What is going on with this crap tonight? Just had 2 rivals games, first it suddenly locked up when the other guy pressed pause. The timer started at the bottom but play continued until the time counted down then locked up, eventually kicking me out and registering a loss WTF

next match, all through the first half lock ups then sudden fast forward about 10 mins of play. Did that about 3 times. Kicked me out and registered another loss WTF

Anyone else getting this crap?

Associate
i really cant be this bad at the game its the same old flipping problems

my midfield just dont close down and they just waltz through or my wingers are on the halfway line and wont push forward and how can his koulibaly outrun my if anderson yet my koulibaly cant even keep up with his asensio ?

played lots of formations trying 4-3-3(4) with the following team

--------------------------sczency -----------------------------
lazzari--------------koulibaly-----skrinrar---------------spinazola
---------------- (cl) vidal---------------(cl) tonalli ------------
------------------------------ dybala ----------------------------
(if) anderson-------------mertens------------(if) lozano

fullbacks set to stay back
vidal and tonalli - stay back while attacking
dybala - standard
front 3 ----- get in behind and stay forward

defence width 50 and depth 55 press after poss loss

attack balanced with direct passing width 50