We've not had halloween yet?

Soldato
the Halloween specials on the ITV soaps were on last week - I was like???

yes that was weird .. like there is a conspiracy for tv shows to advertise halloween so that consumers by the associated paraphenalia
-well is just one off childrens costumes isnt it - no partiucular memorable food stuffs.

Has Guy Fawkes been de-emphasized though with current dissatisfaction in MP's - another mans freedom fighter.

Availibility of mince pies does seem earlier than usual - but maybe shops had thought supplies migh be worse due to covid and have a surplus to shift

Soldato
Halloween I switch off my doorbell as get teens asking for money and the horrible kids. Trick n treating is essentially begging. Then at work, we have to stop teens and chavs buying loads of eggs and flour. “Oh we are making pancakes” one teen said to me. “Yes, on people’s homes and cars” as removed the items from them.

Soldato
Card Factory once put their Xmas cards out 2nd week Aug as it’s my mum’s birthday. Then another card shop, in early September, I needed a sympathy card. There was just ONE card which had a vomit inducing poem inside, which the recently bereaved wouldn’t tolerate. Asked a member of staff about more cards. Her response “Oh we put most away due to Christmas cards”. People die all year round. Also noticed very few non Christmas cards. So according to this card shop, people aren’t allowed to be born, have birthdays, get engaged, marry, have wedding anniversaries, leave/start jobs, retire, move house, be ill from September onwards too.

Needless to say that I took my business elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom