Furniture delays - your experience

Man of Honour
Due to the global shipping/materials shortage, have you had any significant delays on furniture or other orders this year?

We ordered a dining table in the middle of July which was advertised as a 12 week wait. Now almost 15 weeks later we are being told it's expected on the 21st of December - 8 weeks from now. What's infuriating is that the company are advertising the table as being available in 7 weeks if ordered today. They've offered a 10% discount but I've asked for a complaint to be put in as it's irked me somewhat, especially as our sofa order with them earlier in the year was also delayed.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has been in a similar position as I am well aware of the press reports into global shipping issues and what not.

Man of Honour
I was looking at ordering a bunk bed for the kids (does that make me a chav per OcUK standards?). The online store I bought from advised to purchase from stock as they are expecting any out of stock orders to take up to 6 months to get into the UK.

Soldato
We ordered 4 garden chairs from John Lewis and after 12 weeks waiting for delivery, they still didnt have an estimated delivery date so we got a refund. Its just the nature of things at the moment unfortunately

Soldato
Top tip if you've still got an old sofa (or something else) and the council want £lol to take it away, get in touch with the British Heart Foundation and they will take it away for free to sell in their stores.

Soldato
We ordered some garden furniture in late April for delivery at the end of August, it’s still not yet arrived and the last update was that it was due in late November.

I also ordered a dining table in Sept 2020 for November deliver, arrived Jan 21. Two of the chairs were damaged and replacements arrived in Jun 21. Best part of 9 months from the order being placed until final delivery. The company refunded us the cost of the chairs in the end.

Soldato
Top tip if you've still got an old sofa (or something else) and the council want £lol to take it away, get in touch with the British Heart Foundation and they will take it away for free to sell in their stores.
They take all sorts of furniture. Great service for a good cause.

We moved into our place and bought a (non corner, lol) sofa from Sofas and Stuff. All British made/sourced, so no delays. It was still the standard 10-12 weeks or something. Very good service, would highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom