Far Cry 6

Associate
I reckon the forced switches to thrid person are stupid and trippy.

As someone who always plays third person games with a controller it feels dreadful with mouse and keyboard. Utterly stupid descision.

Soldato
I am finding it difficult to find anything to like about this game.
Firstly the guns are woefully pathetic even an animal takes a bucket load of rounds.
I am spotted if I should so much as poke my head round a tree and if I change positions no matter they know exactly where I am.
The graphics just seem off somehow, cannot put my finger on it but there is something.

This is certainly the worst Farcry I have played and I have played them all. I will still continue with it but have started another playthrough of Deathloop.

Soldato
This is certainly the worst Farcry I have played and I have played them all. I will still continue with it but have started another playthrough of Deathloop.
Funny, I have the exact opposite viewpoint. Deathloop I finished and was glad to be done with it, Far Cry I am enjoying more even after 30 hours in. Guns are powerful once upgraded, I am killing all enemies with single headshots and most animals go down quickly too. I have no problems staying stealthy (it helps that I am using silencers and jumper that makes me less seen). And graphics is quite gorgeous on my end.

For me it might be second best FC after FC2.

Soldato
. Guns are powerful once upgraded, I am killing all enemies with single headshots and most animals go down quickly too.

How long in was before you got a decent sniper rifle. Why do i finfd guns that are better than what I have but cannot be improved, side arms in particular?

I have no problems staying stealthy (it helps that I am using silencers and jumper that makes me less seen)..

Silencers seem pretty naff so far maybe that will improve so far I have not found any clothing that helps stealth

And graphics is quite gorgeous on my end.

For me it might be second best FC after FC2.

I did not say that the graphics were bad but for me they are not quite there.

As for you thinking it is the best since FC2 each to there own.

Associate
I am finding it difficult to find anything to like about this game.
Firstly the guns are woefully pathetic even an animal takes a bucket load of rounds.
I am spotted if I should so much as poke my head round a tree and if I change positions no matter they know exactly where I am.
The graphics just seem off somehow, cannot put my finger on it but there is something.

The graphics look very old in some parts of the game, sort of Farcry 3 look about them but just upscaled.

Associate
So I completed it, and started a new one (thankfully you can skip most cut scenes). Nothing story spoiler related, but just in case:

I never really found a decent sniper rifle for the first time in FC history. I did find the Desert Eagle, and modded it with a high-power scope and even a suppressor, was able to take out bads from miles away with a single headshot (on the highest difficulty :cry:).

In my second playthrough, I'm just off the island and went immediately to get the DE again, nowhere near the halfway-mark like last time. I haven't got anything like the resources to mod it like I had before, just yet. I find myself using the rifle a lot, and having to double head-shot almost everyone, and having to save resources to get the armour-piercers. This makes it a lot more enjoyable. I think if Ubi can just raise the game, difficulty-wise it would be great. Adding some challenge, even having played it before, has really raised the enjoyment level.

Story/End-Game related - nothing much but stay out if you haven't finished:

What has happened in Esperanza? The city is still a blockade. I wanted to finish the defacing statues quest and found the place just as before! Is there an end-game proposed for this? Not really complaining though, I found another area had flipped so had to go back and retake. I'm a Terminator in that first playthrough though, so just strolling through everything. Tanks and helis are a minor inconvenience at that point. Really does need a difficulty boost.

Other than all that it's a pretty good game, FC5 had a lot going for it, but the story/shrooms/unskippables spoiled it a bit for me. I think with a few tweaks this could be a great version, not just a good one.

Also, can someone please explain how going 3rd person was necessary, or how that "ruins it" for people? :D

Associate
Well I got it free - played for around an hour and find I cba'ed to go back to it.

I agree with the comment above that there just seems something "off" with the graphics. Some of the textures (rocks etc) are very basic and it all just seems a bit soft focus even with the hd pack.

Soldato
Finally installed this with the free code I got when purchasing my 5950x CPU 12 months ago .
Might actually get round to playing this as I've had FC5 since launch & never played it!

Soldato
No blurry textures on my end. Game looks gut

farcry6screenshot2021azj4z.png

farcry6screenshot2021mokf0.png

farcry6screenshot2021w8j1d.png

farcry6screenshot2021hcjs2.png

farcry6screenshot2021eujw5.png

ne0

ne0

Associate
Also, can someone please explain how going 3rd person was necessary, or how that "ruins it" for people? :D

It's not a major issue for me, but it's definitely completely pointless and jarring. Probably worse if you're using mouse/keyboard as the movement feels clunky and goofy in 3rd person. I guess they did it to give the player an opportunity to see their outfit, etc but personally I couldn't give a crap about seeing that.

Soldato
oh not that again, that was what ruined FC2, making traversing the map difficult, meaning you have to use fast travel. I thought friendly forcesmoved in once you'd liberated each installation.
I thought this was a problem, but it really isn't. Yes many places you overtake and they belong to your resistance faction.

Soldato
So I completed it, and started a new one (thankfully you can skip most cut scenes). Nothing story spoiler related, but just in case:

I never really found a decent sniper rifle for the first time in FC history. I did find the Desert Eagle, and modded it with a high-power scope and even a suppressor, was able to take out bads from miles away with a single headshot (on the highest difficulty :cry:).

In my second playthrough, I'm just off the island and went immediately to get the DE again, nowhere near the halfway-mark like last time. I haven't got anything like the resources to mod it like I had before, just yet. I find myself using the rifle a lot, and having to double head-shot almost everyone, and having to save resources to get the armour-piercers. This makes it a lot more enjoyable. I think if Ubi can just raise the game, difficulty-wise it would be great. Adding some challenge, even having played it before, has really raised the enjoyment level.

Story/End-Game related - nothing much but stay out if you haven't finished:

What has happened in Esperanza? The city is still a blockade. I wanted to finish the defacing statues quest and found the place just as before! Is there an end-game proposed for this? Not really complaining though, I found another area had flipped so had to go back and retake. I'm a Terminator in that first playthrough though, so just strolling through everything. Tanks and helis are a minor inconvenience at that point. Really does need a difficulty boost.

Other than all that it's a pretty good game, FC5 had a lot going for it, but the story/shrooms/unskippables spoiled it a bit for me. I think with a few tweaks this could be a great version, not just a good one.

Upgrade the Guerrilla bit in the camp then the MBP .50 its the best sniper in the game. Even out of the box its great but with armour piercing, high power scope and big rectangular silencer with a couple of chosen mods its one shot kill to the head. Use the marksman gloves to reduce sway and improve stability/handling.

Yeah its a pain really, even tho i am really OP it was a pain to do those bits in Esperansa. You kill a couple of enemies and you are hunted constantly. An odd thing was also that it is still covered by AA Battery but there are no sites there.

Honestly i thought it was the worst in the series.

Posted this in Consoles as i have played it on PS5:

Well after finishing it (All missions, All Stories, All Treasure Hunts, All Outposts, All Anti Aircraft Sites, All Supply Drops and All Ambushes, Not bothered about any of the Races) i have to say i am disappointed really. Farcry games for me always had an element of mystical but the only little bit you get in 6 is when you do the 3 treasure hunts to get Oluso and thats it. Farcry 3 had the drug trippy bits and Hurk parts, 4 has the bits where you go into the other world even 5/New dawn had the bliss parts and boat journey parts to get to Joseph. Farcry 6 has nothing epic, nothing gripping, nothing standout or memorable and nothing new except the backpack and rides (Which i never really used) which really didnt add anything and i would have much more preferred a skill tree like previous games. I also found that not having any real dynamic events such as assassin or hostage events is a real downside as was the hunting elements.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Upgrade the Guerrilla bit in the camp then the MBP .50 its the best sniper in the game. Even out of the box its great but with armour piercing, high power scope and big rectangular silencer with a couple of chosen mods its one shot kill to the head. Use the marksman gloves to reduce sway and improve stability/handling.

Yeah its a pain really, even tho i am really OP it was a pain to do those bits in Esperansa. You kill a couple of enemies and you are hunted constantly. An odd thing was also that it is still covered by AA Battery but there are no sites there.

Honestly i thought it was the worst in the series.

Posted this in Consoles as i have played it on PS5:

Well after finishing it (All missions, All Stories, All Treasure Hunts, All Outposts, All Anti Aircraft Sites, All Supply Drops and All Ambushes, Not bothered about any of the Races) i have to say i am disappointed really. Farcry games for me always had an element of mystical but the only little bit you get in 6 is when you do the 3 treasure hunts to get Oluso and thats it. Farcry 3 had the drug trippy bits and Hurk parts, 4 has the bits where you go into the other world even 5/New dawn had the bliss parts and boat journey parts to get to Joseph. Farcry 6 has nothing epic, nothing gripping, nothing standout or memorable and nothing new except the backpack and rides (Which i never really used) which really didnt add anything and i would have much more preferred a skill tree like previous games. I also found that not having any real dynamic events such as assassin or hostage events is a real downside as was the hunting elements.
Going to just skip it I think. Was not a fan of installing ubisoft launcher on my pc anyway, if I ever run out of things I fancy playing I may give it a go just before I am due a clean install of windows :p

Associate
Going to just skip it I think. Was not a fan of installing ubisoft launcher on my pc anyway, if I ever run out of things I fancy playing I may give it a go just before I am due a clean install of windows :p

I understand i had ago at installing the ubisoft launcher on my zx spectrum it just wouldn't have it. :D

Back
Top Bottom