LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Than next year's 48"?
The chance is there. Most of us have been waiting for a smaller OLED tv to use on desk or bedroom and 48" is alright, 42" better and 27-32" is perfect. But the latter sizes won't happen anytime soon and despites LG already has 32" OLED, these are terrible because they're not flickerfree certified. Believe me, you don't want JOLED monitors. I'll wait for reviews first when 42" OLED are out.

Associate
The difference between 42" and 48" isn't that much more.. Personally, I would take the 48" as that is a lot more mature of a panel size so you should have less issues!

Soldato
The chance is there. Most of us have been waiting for a smaller OLED tv to use on desk or bedroom and 48" is alright, 42" better and 27-32" is perfect. But the latter sizes won't happen anytime soon and despites LG already has 32" OLED, these are terrible because they're not flickerfree certified. Believe me, you don't want JOLED monitors. I'll wait for reviews first when 42" OLED are out.
This has nothing to do with what I asked.

Don't forget that the 48 came out at a higher price than the 55, for reasons of yield challenges and presumably R&D costs.
I've seen analysts predicting the 42" to be cheaper, because the yields will be better.

Associate
I've seen analysts predicting the 42" to be cheaper, because the yields will be better.

Too much predicting online and there still no LG news! Has for sales it might be higher because of how much waste would be wasted to make the 6x 42inch models the 48inch came from the 77inch model same glass sheet with not much waste over, but because of the glass used it cost more for 48OLED

Last edited:
Soldato
Display Supply Chain Consultants published a cost analysis report earlier in the year explaining it. Essentially they'll be able to get 10 x 42" panels from the same sheet, using MMG (multi model glass technology). Vincent Teoh talked about it in one of his videos.

Associate
New update 04.30.10 support for Dolby vision at 4K 120Hz at last. :)
Thanks:D but I don't have any games that supports Dolby vision I know of on PC.

Display Supply Chain Consultants published a cost analysis report earlier in the year explaining it. Essentially they'll be able to get 10 x 42" panels from the same sheet, using MMG (multi model glass technology). Vincent Teoh talked about it in one of his videos.
OK 10x then:D but what glass 8.5g or 10.5g two different factories Paju/Guangzhou. A 8.5g is 2500mm X 2200mm I hope the analysis report got it right! The 10.5 is 3370mm x 2940mm mother glass

Last edited:
Associate
Nah, there will always be little fixes etc. Still getting the odd update for my 55" B7.

TBH I'm astonished at the updates that they're still rolling out. My last tv was a mid range Samsung. It arrived broken and was still as broken 3 years later when I gave up on it. Got the CX update today that lets me turn off the nag box that was spoiling the no input screen saver. Can't imagine what else they can add.

Unless they try and make me watch C4. If that happens I'ma ride over to Korea and punch somebody in the genitals.

Associate

Saw that, he also opined that with the new fab technologies a 42 might launch at circa 1K. My CX48 was 850, C1s have been down to 900. Why wait?

Associate
The sizes
22inch Small but just right best monitor 2021.
32inch a little big for my setup wish it was 24/25
42inch very Large just too big have to sit far back just to see it.
48inch Huge monitor not an ideal for gaming on my eyes hurt.
55inch Mega way, way too big Ok for a big TV.
65inch you lost you mind that's for home cinema idiot .
77inch now that's stupid a waste of money.
88inch you're a moron :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
The sizes
What are you trying to say?

Associate
The sizes
:D
22-24" basically a laptop screen
32-42" perfect in uw or 16:9
48" a bit too big
77-88" absolutely stupid unless on a couch a good few meters away.

Back
Top Bottom