Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Pro uses LTPO and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a more modern low power premium panel than on the 6.

Plenty of screen off usage scenarios too.

Yeah just read the screen can drop down to 10Hz to reduce battery consumption.

It's less than an 8% capacity increase over the non-pro. So i wouldn't be expecting runtimes to vary that much.

We'll have to rely on the benchmarks to determine :).

Soldato
Some good reviews, still kind of unsure if I should've waited for the pro though...

Android Police saying the non-pro is overall the better phone.

That said, I think that price is a feature, and the smaller, ostensibly less premium Pixel 6 is probably a slightly better phone, coming in at $300 cheaper and delivering most of the same features and almost the same experience. Don’t get me wrong, this is a fantastic phone, $900 is a great price, and I would easily recommend this over a OnePlus 9 or Galaxy S21+ or Ultra. It’s just a joy to use and a fantastic value. But the $600 Pixel 6 Pro is 90% as good for 66% of the money. Unless you want the best possible experience at any price, I think the Pixel 6 is the one to buy.

https://www.androidpolice.com/google-pixel-6-pro-review/

Associate
I'm a little worried about the impressions of the ptical fingerprint reader based on a couple of reviews. The ultra sonic reader in my 2.5 year old S10+ seems much better. Sigh

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, everything is so positive, it's a resounding thumbs up everywhere i have read and watched. Even better news for me is the standard 6 seems to be an absolute belter and the value for money is enormous.

I think they have outdone themselves with the 6.

Associate
OP
You know that they just want to be the anti reviews.

Mrwhosetheboss is reaching with his review as well imo-still a bit bitter about the dual embargo me thinks.

Caporegime
Mrwhosetheboss has ripped the video quality to pieces, not sure what everyone has said.

Edit: Few people have mentioned lens flare on the cameras, is that fixable via a software update?

Edit: As the poster above said, Mrwhosetheboss could just be a bit bitter. He said the selfie camera was bad as well but SuperSaf seems to love it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom