WBAC Values

Man of Honour
Soldato
Uh oh :cry: thanks for that. Will see what I can do.
Careful. You can easily blag the guy picking it up, but once HQ find out they'll re-deliver the car and ask for their money back (court order style if you delay/make excuses). There was a news article recently of a chap who got 'caught out'.

Caporegime
Selling to cazoo was very simple, in hindsight I should've been less honest on the condition - it was barely looked at. Probably could've said it was FSH and Perfect. But still not far off what I paid, so happy enough.

Caporegime
Selling to cazoo was very simple, in hindsight I should've been less honest on the condition - it was barely looked at. Probably could've said it was FSH and Perfect. But still not far off what I paid, so happy enough.

Cazoo have just come round and bought my 2016 i30 for £8k. The woman only went inside the car to get the service book out of the glove box and only briefly looked around it. Unbelievably easy and simple.

I paid £10k in 16th June 2018. Quite amazing really.

Soldato
How are Cazoo when selling to them? They've offered a more than decent amount for my car but I assume they're going to hammer it down as much as possible? They'll struggle, it's very clean and I've tidied up any small blemishes.

OcUK Staff
OP
Land Rover offering us £28k for px on the Discovery. Showed them the WBAC offer of £37k and they were happy to match.

Always need to shop around when offering your car out, many try their luck because if they get your car on a low ball offer, its an additional 10k profit for them, problem is if they throw it up on their forecourt with a huge markup and you notice it will leave a bad vibe.

When I was getting values on the 458 against a Speciale the trade in offers were 110-134k so a 24k difference, this was various Ferrari dealers, WBAC and Motorway, unfortunately I decided spending 250k on a Speciale was a bad idea, OH how wrong was I, similar cars are now 300k plus, could have made a quick 50k, but thats hindsight for you.

Market as expected has softened now on a lot of performance cars, particular convertibles with Winter here now, though some marques are still holding and gaining, regular cars still seem to be doing very well due to new car shortages.

Man of Honour
The thing is the dealers will offer you 'normal' trade in prices first in case you haven't done your research or picked up on the market trends. There will be people out there who just assume their 3 year old car is worth around 50% of list because it's typically been that way in the past.
Plus it's just the general way with p/x, they want to eek out money from both ends of the deal and sometimes it's easier to profit on the incoming vehicle than the outgoing one.

Man of Honour
Wow big change here, yesterday morning Cazoo were offering £8450, this evening only £7425. Much more in line with other firms like WBAC etc now, wonder if they've re-calibrated a bit so they aren't paying so much more than others.

Just a heads-up in case you are intending to sell soon, worth refreshing your Cazoo quote and if it's dropped a lot maybe sell it quick before the old quote expires.

Soldato
It seems dealers have more stock on hand of used cars at the moment, there were times this year where their entire main dealer forecourts were completely empty.

Soldato
Market as expected has softened now on a lot of performance cars, particular convertibles with Winter here now, though some marques are still holding and gaining, regular cars still seem to be doing very well due to new car shortages.

M4 vert's haven't budged :(

Caporegime
Wow big change here, yesterday morning Cazoo were offering £8450, this evening only £7425. Much more in line with other firms like WBAC etc now, wonder if they've re-calibrated a bit so they aren't paying so much more than others.

Just a heads-up in case you are intending to sell soon, worth refreshing your Cazoo quote and if it's dropped a lot maybe sell it quick before the old quote expires.

All on the models I would assume. If there are 20 similar cars already in the system then a lower price gets offered, Same with MPB and used camera gear. If they have 20 for sale you get a lowball offer, if its something they dont currently have for sale you get top price, more than selling privately on ebay often.

Man of Honour
Very odd - back up to £8425 today. I think I noticed this once before, they seem to do lowball offers on Mondays. Maybe people panic sell on Mondays when they get hit with all the spending they did over the weekend or something? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom