Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I like:
- The way photos look. The software finds a nice balance between bright and dark areas.
- The good image quality from the 4x zoom lens/software.
- The focus tracking provides confidence subjects will be sharp (photo & video)

I don’t like:
- The ultra wide lens isn’t all that wide
- The way portrait mode uses digital zoom
- The selfie camera is poor
- Video’s don’t look great
- No macro mode

All considered I’ll go for the iPhone Pro 13

Soldato
@SDK^ It bugged me on the 5 too having no macro mode. I only found out recently actually when I was trying to take a close up and it was telling me to move the camera back as it couldn't focus.
Only workaround was to take photo, edit it and enlarge then save. Not ideal.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Add me to the list of despatch emails received. Due tomorrow.

I need a case, thinking the Spigen liquid air.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I currently have a dbrand grip in my 4XL. It's chunky but it really is grippy! Quite tempted by one for the 6Pro.

Soldato
Wow, just saw a 128GB and 256GB Stormy black Pro in stock on the google store, a few seconds later....

Gone. :eek:

Guessing it's cancellations coming in, unless they release a load of new stock it's going to be tricky getting an order in now.

Soldato
Wow, just saw a 128GB and 256GB Stormy black Pro in stock on the google store, a few seconds later....

Guessing it's cancellations coming in, unless they release a load of new stock it's going to be tricky getting an order in now.

I will be cancelling my pro as I feel the standard is fine for my use. Gimmie and hour and that will free one up

Soldato
I like:
- The way photos look. The software finds a nice balance between bright and dark areas.
- The good image quality from the 4x zoom lens/software.
- The focus tracking provides confidence subjects will be sharp (photo & video)

I don’t like:
- The ultra wide lens isn’t all that wide
- The way portrait mode uses digital zoom
- The selfie camera is poor
- Video’s don’t look great
- No macro mode

All considered I’ll go for the iPhone Pro 13

Video looks fine. The iPhone is slightly smoother on rough ground, but audio seems better on pixel

Selfie camera is far from poor.

Soldato
Was wondering why Tech Spurt didn't have a Pro review but at the end of the 6 vid he mentioned it will be out tomorrow. Still a good review, he did mention the differences he noticed between the two models. Either way a nice solid phone and great to see it from a Brit's point of view. Seems some of the calling features mentioned during the event aren't live for the UK yet sadly.

Soldato
Was wondering why Tech Spurt didn't have a Pro review but at the end of the 6 vid he mentioned it will be out tomorrow. Still a good review, he did mention the differences he noticed between the two models. Either way a nice solid phone and great to see it from a Brit's point of view. Seems some of the calling features mentioned during the event aren't live for the UK yet sadly.

The tech chap is my other UK reviewer of choice. He gives it a great review.

Lol you're your own worst enemy for not pre ordering day 1.

Lol Nah, I'm not an impulse buyer (especially not things of this value) and TBH I've still not justified it to myself as my current phone is perfectly fine and does pretty much all I need...

Honestly the headphones were what sealed the deal, if I miss out on the pre order bonus I'll wait until there's a better deal in 6 months time. It's not like I'd get anything decent for my phone either, they're worth about £100 on the MM/trade in currently.

Associate

After 2 days of trying, managed to get the 256gb one when this happened.

I will be cancelling my 128gb Pro soon. But they get snapped up as soon as it's released.

Only the black Pixel 6 left in stock as well now. Will be interesting to see the final pre order sales number.

Upgrading from my Nokia 8 so should feel a massive bump :)

Soldato
I wonder if mkbhd are holding off the reviews etc because of Google's approach to this release...? He did sound annoyed in his unboxing and comment on the video. Wouldn't surprise me, his channel generates millions of views and probably thousands of orders so slowing down the "hype" on the day might be what he's doing to hit back at Google.

Associate
I wonder if mkbhd are holding off the reviews etc because of Google's approach to this release...? He did sound annoyed in his unboxing and comment on the video. Wouldn't surprise me, his channel generates millions of views and probably thousands of orders so slowing down the "hype" on the day might be what he's doing to hit back at Google.
That is exactly what I was thinking.

Soldato

I doubt it. He will release when ready. He does not need the views or hits like some of the smaller channels that released bang on 5pm.

I am sure he will release over the next few days. Also sure people will watch regardless if they pre ordered, thinking of ordering or even have it in their hands

Soldato
I doubt it. He will release when ready. He does not need the views or hits like some of the smaller channels that released bang on 5pm.

I am sure he will release over the next few days. Also sure people will watch regardless if they pre ordered, thinking of ordering or even have it in their hands
That's what I mean. He doesn't care about views and hits but Google very much does as it generates hype and orders from Google.

Back
Top Bottom