Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Associate
Why wouldn't you just get Game Pass?

I have everything else I want off game pass.

I've played 700 hours of FH4 over the last three years. Game pass would have been much more expensive.

The premium add ons FOMO stuff is 40 quid on top of the game pass version.

The Steam FOMO edition is 80 quid.

I'd smear myself with honey and run naked through barbed wire while being persued by Afrikanised Bees to avoid the MS store. Actually I'd do that for defacations and giggles, but that's just me.

The MS store defies physix by sucking and blowing at the same time.

Soldato
OP
I have everything else I want off game pass.

I've played 700 hours of FH4 over the last three years. Game pass would have been much more expensive.

The premium add ons FOMO stuff is 40 quid on top of the game pass version.

The Steam FOMO edition is 80 quid.

I'd smear myself with honey and run naked through barbed wire while being pursued by Afrikanised Bees to avoid the MS store. Actually I'd do that for defacations and giggles, but that's just me.

The MS store defies physix by sucking and blowing at the same time.

It's only £24 odd on top :p

Associate
The rumble on the xbox controller triggers didn't work on FH4 steam, they've said it's fixed for 5. I've heard that Steam was even more sketchy than the already sketchy windows store version for connecting to multiplayer but haven't tried it. If you buy on Steam it's 5 quid cheaper but you don't get to also play it on your xbox if you have one.

That said I've preordered FH5 on steam because the windows store is an abomination. Badly laid out, hard to see what you need to install out of multiple pointless options and about half the download speed for me.

Cheers - yeah, neither of the options (microsoft store or steam) fill me with confidence, especially after reading the FH4 steam reviews.

I think I'll grab it on Microsoft Store - despite everything you mention above, I'm certainly not disputing any issues as I always had problems with updates mainly on WS.

At least if my GPU dies then at least I can play it on xbox I suppose.

Associate
I think I'll grab it on Microsoft Store - despite everything you mention above, I'm certainly not disputing any issues as I always had problems with updates mainly on WS.

My first issue was getting it to believe I'd bought the game and let me download it because I'd played the demo. Took some googling to fix.
Second issue was when I wanted to install it on my new PC and it listed every single element of the different packs as separate downloads. Downloaded them and then the game took forever to boot. Apparently I was supposed to know that I only needed to DL the game and the expansions and everything else would look after itself. Had to then uninstall a bunch of stuff to get it to work properly.

On the plus side it always did the updates in the background without promping and the game worked fine.
Preloads are live for the MS store version, no date as yet for Steam.

Associate
9th unless you buy the premium add on
Thanks, yeah just checked and Standard unlocks on the 9th.
This. I’ve bought the premium pass so I can play a few days before I go back to work!
Is there a "best place" to buy the upgrade? I just subbed to Game Pass because of AoE IV and FH5 so FH5 standard will be free but is there a way to upgrade? Wouldn't mind playing from the 5th.

Man of Honour
Thanks, yeah just checked and Standard unlocks on the 9th.
Is there a "best place" to buy the upgrade? I just subbed to Game Pass because of AoE IV and FH5 so FH5 standard will be free but is there a way to upgrade? Wouldn't mind playing from the 5th.

There’s a link a few posts above. Or just go into the MS/Xbox store and buy the premium edition (but be careful that it’s the gamepass discounted version for around £34).

Soldato
Mine is showing Premium Edition on Xbox Store but I don't remember buying the addon for it. Says 5th November too.

Edit: Nevermind, selected the Standard Edition that's included with Game Pass.

Man of Honour
Before downloading Forza Horizon 5, ensure you meet the storage capacity requirement for your platform of choice:

• Xbox Series X|S: 103 GB
  • Xbox One: 116 GB
  • Windows: 103 GB
  • Steam*: 103 GB
Weird that the XO version is 13GB bigger than all the others, the only explanation I can think of is maybe it needs to include some lower resolution assets that wouldn't be needed on XSX/XSS, and they also left the higher res assets in there.... but even then, you'd think the PC versions would have them also to cater for weaker PCs? Just seems odd.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this, the FH series is basically what I've wanted for a long time, it's like TDU but even bigger and better. I'm largely done with FH4 (think it's the first in the series I have driven every road) but have gone back to FH3, sadly I have the physical edition so can only play on my XSX not PC, and it's locked to 30fps on XSX for some silly reason. Even the weekly challenge stuff in FH4 I quite enjoyed, gave me a reason to keep checking bak.

Associate
Weird that the XO version is 13GB bigger than all the others, the only explanation I can think of is maybe it needs to include some lower resolution assets that wouldn't be needed on XSX/XSS, and they also left the higher res assets in there.... but even then, you'd think the PC versions would have them also to cater for weaker PCs? Just seems odd.
Better compression technology on the other platforms?

Back
Top Bottom