Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is there any benefit to ordering from apple direct? Carphone Warehouse state 16th nov for delivery of a pro max, the apple website is saying 24th nov+. Wondering if it's worth the extra wait for apple direct or if it will literally be the same stock and same warranty situation?
CPW have their own stock but the warranty will be the same, its with Apple for 12mths unless you buy AppleCare.

Some buy from Apple just because its "cooler" than CPW but ultimately its the same thing.

Soldato
Is there any benefit to ordering from apple direct? Carphone Warehouse state 16th nov for delivery of a pro max, the apple website is saying 24th nov+. Wondering if it's worth the extra wait for apple direct or if it will literally be the same stock and same warranty situation?

Apple’s delivery estimates are generally conservative and often beaten.

Associate
Apple’s delivery estimates are generally conservative and often beaten.

I ordered mine on the 17th with an ETA of the 16th to 23rd of November. So its been nine days and i've not seen the ETA change, just for a general idea, what do you reckon the ETA would be with Apple generally beating their estimate?

Soldato
I ordered from apple in the end. The delivery changed from 25th-2nd dec, to a week earlier on the range so without the big discrepancy in delivery dates my decision was easy. Pro max 256 in graphite ordered, it will be my first iphone since an iphone 3g, looking forward to it.

Commissario
The 13 Pro Max fits into my Brodit car mount but it’s a very tight fit and although the lightning plug appears to go in, it doesn’t actually charge. I only noticed this after a three hour drive yesterday with my phone playing Audible all the way with CaneraAlert on screen. When I took it out of the cradle, I noticed the battery had dropped 20%.

I’ve just ordered the Brodit MagSafe mount. Let’s see how that goes. It means I’ll have the phone in portrait mode in the car for the first time ever.

Soldato
The 13 Pro Max fits into my Brodit car mount but it’s a very tight fit and although the lightning plug appears to go in, it doesn’t actually charge. I only noticed this after a three hour drive yesterday with my phone playing Audible all the way with CaneraAlert on screen. When I took it out of the cradle, I noticed the battery had dropped 20%.

I’ve just ordered the Brodit MagSafe mount. Let’s see how that goes. It means I’ll have the phone in portrait mode in the car for the first time ever.

Do they speed camera apps actually work now? I tried a whole bunch of them a few years ago and rarely if ever they worked. There would be the odd occasions they’d say there was one but there wasn’t one as well. So I just gave up.

Commissario
Do they speed camera apps actually work now? I tried a whole bunch of them a few years ago and rarely if ever they worked. There would be the odd occasions they’d say there was one but there wasn’t one as well. So I just gave up.
Yes, the pocketGPSworld app works well and the database is updated weekly. I've been using it for years and years and years without any issues.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/cameralert/id336238843

Caporegime
Nearly pulled the trigger on an iPhone 13 to upgrade from my 11. Backed out though. I have 11 months left on my contract at £16 a month. Would have tied me in to another 2 years at £27 a month. Just didn’t seem worth it. I only use my phone for calls, texts, WhatsApp and online banking. Probably don’t even need an iPhone tbh lol!

But you know, shiny!

Soldato
Nearly pulled the trigger on an iPhone 13 to upgrade from my 11. Backed out though. I have 11 months left on my contract at £16 a month. Would have tied me in to another 2 years at £27 a month. Just didn’t seem worth it. I only use my phone for calls, texts, WhatsApp and online banking. Probably don’t even need an iPhone tbh lol!

But you know, shiny!

Giant waste of money to just use a smart phone for txt and call. You're not alone though many people have a smart phone and just use it for calls and nothing else - it's such a waste of materials that ends up getting no use and in e waste

Caporegime
Giant waste of money to just use a smart phone for txt and call. You're not alone though many people have a smart phone and just use it for calls and nothing else - it's such a waste of materials that ends up getting no use and in e waste
I was thinking about 5G as well if I’m out and about, but tbf, I’m in London, 4G is ample fast enough for browsing and even streaming 1080p video.

Soldato

I don't disagree but what are the viable alternatives for something that is easy to use? I couldn't imagine not texting without a touchscreen now.

Soldato
Apple site says that my iPhone is due for delivery between the 16th - 23rd, any ideas when something might change with that delivery date?
My wife’s 13 pro max is the same window. Reading the preorder thread on Reddit it seemed the norm for peoples status’ to change a couple of days into the window for delivery towards the back end

Associate
My wife’s 13 pro max is the same window. Reading the preorder thread on Reddit it seemed the norm for peoples status’ to change a couple of days into the window for delivery towards the back end

Any chance of a link to the thread? Also dang, looks like it'll be more towards the 23rd instead of the 16th then! :(

Soldato
Commissario
Yeah, I’m still holding out but it’s doubtful, her birthday is the 19th so I could really do with it being front end.
Stock is starting to come into shops now - I picked one up last week and they said they had quite a few available. If you need it for the 19th, is it worth keeping an eye on your local store (if you have one) and seeing if you can get one? Then you could either cancel your online order or just sent it back for a refund under the two week thing once it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom