Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Soldato
When I did it I was only -1.5. But I was riding motorbikes and playing rugby regularly as well as other sports - it was for the convenience rather than anything else. I'm now well into my 40s and eyes are till going strong 12+ years after doing it. Worth it if you have an active lifestyle for sure IMO. I didn't do it for vanity as I didn't mind wearing glasses, it was just the joy of not having to rely on them.
Oh I dislike glasses due to the tunnel vision compared to contacts, also having young kids meant I tried to not wear glasses very often. They do get In the way a lot when doing jobs around the house.

Tea Drinker
Don
Has anyone had this with a prescription around -10?

I’m -8 and -7.5 in lenses so glasses probably near -10. Just had a referral for laser and they have said with such a high prescription they would advise implant contact lenses. Anyone had them?

Cost wise £3,750 an eye so that’s 20 years of lenses at £90 for 3 months which I have no real issue with wearing so I’m at the moment on the not worth the risk side considering they tell me I might need glasses still anyway and they might need redoing if my prescription changes

Permabanned
Family member had some eye treatment recently. Not this laser stuff, something different like slicing the top of their pupils off or something, and sticking something else on top.

Sounds horrific as they do it whilst your awake, but the results are superb. Cost you though, 8K.

Associate
Bit off topic but has anyone here had an eye removed ? I’m in hospital tomorrow and to say I’m scared is an understatement. Had 7 operations in the last 20 years to try and fix my right eye after having a 6 inch rusty nail penetrate straight through the front and back .Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar procedure and what was the recovery period like

Last edited:
Associate
Evening, anyone had the lens implants? Been told I can’t have laser eye.
My dad had lenses put in when they did his cataracts (he had no idea they were going to do it either, woke up from the op with them apparently!). He'd worn glasses since his teens and for the first time for 50 years he didn't need glasses to see further than he could reach. He still surprises me when I see him now without glasses and he's mid 70s. I'll probably do it when my eyes stop changing as I inherited his crap shortsightedness.

Associate
So had my eye removed 9am this morning and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone the pain is indescribable.
If you're being serious then I hope you have a speedy recovery. Albeit with just the one eye.

Personally with laser eye surgery I would be too worried about anything going wrong. Can't imagine not being able to see the kids etc.

Associate
If you're being serious then I hope you have a speedy recovery. Albeit with just the one eye.

Personally with laser eye surgery I would be too worried about anything going wrong. Can't imagine not being able to see the kids etc

Of course I’m genuine and have had monocular vision 22 years so no change really just the long painful recovery that so far isn’t pleasant

Soldato
You'll be a hit with the kids at parties and the ladies on a night out:

Knock knock.​
Who’s there?​
Interrupting pirate!​
Interrup…​
ARRRRRRRRRR!​

And you can follow up with:

A slice of apple pie is £2.50 in Jamaica and £3.00 in the Bahamas.​
These are the pie rates of the Caribbean.​

Sorry, these jokes get cornea every day, but it is something you should look into. But don't lash out at me.

I'm sure it sucks atm and i can't imagine what you are going through, but the removal was the best way forward? I am sure we will all agree that the pain will subside or will be manageable with pain relief, all in agreement say eye.

How you feeling this morning?

Associate
Yeah I tv
You'll be a hit with the kids at parties and the ladies on a night out:

Knock knock.​
Who’s there?​
Interrupting pirate!​
Interrup…​
ARRRRRRRRRR!​

And you can follow up with:

A slice of apple pie is £2.50 in Jamaica and £3.00 in the Bahamas.​
These are the pie rates of the Caribbean.​

Sorry, these jokes get cornea every day, but it is something you should look into. But don't lash out at me.

I'm sure it sucks atm and i can't imagine what you are going through, but the removal was the best way forward? I am sure we will all agree that the pain will subside or will be manageable with pain relief, all in agreement say eye.

How you feeling this morning?
The eye is swollen shut completely and oozing blood like thick jelly. Having to pry it open to clean and use drops 3 times a day is absoloute agony
I was fully aware how much this was going to hurt and tried to prepare myself best i could yet the pain is like nothing i have ever experinced .

Tea Drinker
Don
Had three hours of eye prodding at Optimax in Hove along with drops to dilate the pupils, ouch that was painful leaving into the bright sun.

Been recommended for EDOF replacement lens, now booked in for the consultant to have a chat next week about actual product and pencilled in EO September for both eyes on the same day :eek:

Don
Went to OE for all the tests etc

Multifocal lens replacements booked for 3 weeks

Starting price, £7400 with 10 months 0%

Agreed on £6650 with 18 month 0%

Last edited:
Soldato
Multifocal lens replacements booked for 3 weeks
have you tried varifocal lenses to see if you get on with them , before committing to have them surgically ? ... can they subsequently be replaced if the prescription changes.

as a varifocal glasses user and hearing mixed opinion from others on different brands I'm going to be very cautious on updated prescription I could do with

Back
Top Bottom