Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion, domestic terrorists?

Soldato
Animal rebellion now, currently climbing up the home office to demand everyone goes veggie.
https://news.sky.com/story/police-o...e-office-building-with-cop26-message-12444762

Animal Rebellion is a mass movement that uses nonviolent civil disobedience to bring about a transition to a just and sustainable plant-based food system, to halt mass extinction, alleviate the worst effects of climate breakdown and ensure justice for animals.

Sounds entirely reasonable to me.

Soldato
I mean meat free would just mean a mass extinction of animals bred solely for meat. If that's acknowledged then fair play.

I've had the veggie and vegan stuff, it's not exactly juicy steak or sizzling sossig, but it's edible. Costs about the same, so when faced with the choice I'll go with what my taste buds desire until the choice is removed. I'll probably have to turn to black market meat dealers at that point to fill the craving.

Soldato
I mean meat free would just mean a mass extinction of animals bred solely for meat. If that's acknowledged then fair play.

I've had the veggie and vegan stuff, it's not exactly juicy steak or sizzling sossig, but it's edible. Costs about the same, so when faced with the choice I'll go with what my taste buds desire until the choice is removed. I'll probably have to turn to black market meat dealers at that point to fill the craving.
Tbh it wouldn't be a huge push for me not to eat meat, I don't do it much now, but yes, it would mean a lot of these animals wouldn't exist.

Soldato
Tbh it wouldn't be a huge push for me not to eat meat, I don't do it much now, but yes, it would mean a lot of these animals wouldn't exist.

That is a weak argument anyway, these animals are not living in luxury they are usually intensively farmed in terrible conditions. FWIW I eat meat but I want to eat less but it tastes too nice :cry:

Soldato
That is a weak argument anyway, these animals are not living in luxury they are usually intensively farmed in terrible conditions. FWIW I eat meat but I want to eat less but it tastes too nice :cry:
Perhaps it is, these animals don't live a great life. I'm of the not uncommon opinion that people would eat a lot less meat if they had to kill the animal themselves, rather than just buy a lump of meat prepacked in a supermarket.

Associate
Video on Tiktok today with them blocking a cycle lane in London while the road behind is free...

Between that, face gluing, those disastrous media interviews, the apparent randomness of their 'cause'... i'm pretty convinced now that they are either a troll group or it's a government black ops operation to get stricter anti protest laws in place.

Has anyone actually checked that list of names/addresses of the protestors that was publicised following the injunction from a week ago, to see if they are real people who actually exist? :D

Caporegime
Video on Tiktok today with them blocking a cycle lane in London while the road behind is free...

Between that, face gluing, those disastrous media interviews, the apparent randomness of their 'cause'... i'm pretty convinced now that they are either a troll group or it's a government black ops operation to get stricter anti protest laws in place.

Has anyone actually checked that list of names/addresses of the protestors that was publicised following the injunction from a week ago, to see if they are real people who actually exist? :D

It's amazing watching the same groups who were crying about thw new protesting laws and how we were now a police state demanding these protesters be stopped

Soldato
It's amazing watching the same groups who were crying about thw new protesting laws and how we were now a police state demanding these protesters be stopped
Well I think most peoples definition of protest is visibly or verbally disagreeing with something, not blocking the road. Even in the US were protest is protected by the First Amendment, you still can't block traffic without prior authorisation.

Man of Honour
That is one of the most ridiculous interviews I have ever seen, and that's quite a high bar. Good interviewing is all about being able to get people to argue their point and then robustly challenge. This was incredibly amateur regardless of your position on IB.

Soldato
Interviewer is a moron, doesn't give the guy a chance to reply, doesn't understand how wood is processed sustainably in industry. He's just going for cheap blows that appeal to his audience.

Man of Honour
I see they have been gluing themselves to the road. Unglue one or two protestors and arrest them. Then put a barrier around the others so cars can drive past safely and leave the rest of rent-a-mob glued to the road. Let them sort out their own removal once they get thirsty or desperate for the toilet. Arrest them when they somehow remove themselves.

Back
Top Bottom