• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LG CX / 3080ti issue

Soldato
So my current set up is a monitor (UW) attached via display port and an LG 4k screen as a second monitor. The desktop is extended across. The LG tv is set to PC mode.

This allows me to switch to controller and play 4k games on the couch.

When the computer is woken up from sleep (with the 4k tv off) the main monitor is just black. Everything is on but just black screen.

It will only switch "on" after I turn the tv on. At which point you hear the hardware connected sound (tv) and you then see the desktop password login spring up

I've tried:
  • Google (cannot actually find the same issue)
  • Updating drivers
  • Turning off quick start
Bizarrely, if I disconnect the hdmi and reconnect it, it's ok for a few sleeps then returns to the original problem. At the moment I've just disconnected it and connect the hdmi when I need the tv.

Any suggestions?

Associate
To be honest I don't know the ins and outs of the proplem the firmware update fixes as the problem didn't affect mine, I think it was a blank screen during boot when using Display Port until the OS has fully loaded.

Associate
Buddy I have similar setup, 34 UW and a 55 LG CX, I had the same issues as you are experiencing, never found a solution or a reliable one at that, but decided to be the guinea pig and install Windows 11, none issue now, works as expected.

Soldato
OP
Buddy I have similar setup, 34 UW and a 55 LG CX, I had the same issues as you are experiencing, never found a solution or a reliable one at that, but decided to be the guinea pig and install Windows 11, none issue now, works as expected.

Thanks for that. I'm not sure I'm ready to switch over to 11 yet but at least is suggests it's a software issue rather than hardware.

Soldato
So my current set up is a monitor (UW) attached via display port and an LG 4k screen as a second monitor. The desktop is extended across. The LG tv is set to PC mode.

This allows me to switch to controller and play 4k games on the couch.

When the computer is woken up from sleep (with the 4k tv off) the main monitor is just black. Everything is on but just black screen.

It will only switch "on" after I turn the tv on. At which point you hear the hardware connected sound (tv) and you then see the desktop password login spring up

I've tried:
  • Google (cannot actually find the same issue)
  • Updating drivers
  • Turning off quick start
Bizarrely, if I disconnect the hdmi and reconnect it, it's ok for a few sleeps then returns to the original problem. At the moment I've just disconnected it and connect the hdmi when I need the tv.

Any suggestions?
sounds like your second monitor is actaully monitor #1 and your Dp is Displyport #2. as Tv is always on it sees that screen at input 1

you used to be be able edit the registry to force an input to input one. but to check. check windows screen numbering first

had this exact issue.

its not really software, but how GPU back plane is designed in firmware

HDMI might be input 1 which tells windows, but changing windows will fix it.

Soldato
OP
sounds like your second monitor is actaully monitor #1 and your Dp is Displyport #2. as Tv is always on it sees that screen at input 1

you used to be be able edit the registry to force an input to input one. but to check. check windows screen numbering first

had this exact issue.

its not really software, but how GPU back plane is designed in firmware

HDMI might be input 1 which tells windows, but changing windows will fix it.

Yes I thought that might be what it is. Will try the driver update first. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom