The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Isle of Skulls is probably the best Quest adventure on Rec Room.

Luckily I didn't show up or you guys would have had to play something else :p

Soldato
OP
The first section can definitely be handled by a smart approach. The ships and shooting section starts to get trickier. The tunnels were fun and intense (though we didn't get there).

Underboss
We did, I suspect I was dragging us down, as for some reason my right controller seemed to be draining batteries really fast. Need to see if it was just poorly charged batteries, or if I've got a fault.

Not gonna lie, but more like me dragging, missed loads with the guns and my sword skills were off lol

Have you got rechargeable batteries? If so what make and how old are they ?

Soldato
OP
Not gonna lie, but more like me dragging, missed loads with the guns and my sword skills were off lol

Have you got rechargeable batteries? If so what make and how old are they ?

I do, some duracel, some amazon, not old. I suspect that they've not been given a chance to charge properly, combined with being on holiday for a week. I'll try it again later today.

Soldato
OP
ok, well , my Enloops (Panasonic) have been perfect for the past year
I wouldn't say "charged properly" they should be fine, well the Duracell's maybe, but i personally wouldn't go basic ones , like Amz's own

When I say charged properly, I mean that they've not been switched off before actually charging. After charging overnight, it seems to have solved the issue.

Underboss
i know its going off topic, but have you read this page ?

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-replacement-batteries-oculus-quest-controllers

RE Amazon rechargeable :
These rechargeable batteries are budget-friendly but have a large 2,400 mAh capacity. They'll maintain 70% of their original capacity for up to six months, so after you're finished with the two in the Touch Controllers, you'll still be able to use the other two from the pack with a decent charge. We don't know how many recharge cycles they're predicted to keep their full charge, but Amazon says at least "3 years", which should last you until the Oculus Quest 3 arrives.

Underboss
ah ok, hope they hold out till you upgrade your headset :)

im looking forward to replacing my headset asap, due to the issues im still having, i have to keep taking it off and putting it back on a few times, and press the button, until i see the menu
must be that strap etc i have i suppose

im going to put black tape over the sensor and try it

i hope the new headsets will have wireless charging (for the controllers at least)

Soldato
To be honest, it depends on what game it is. I got quite frustrated with the rec-room quest after a while. Could do with something more chill or funny to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom