Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Got my P6 Pro Cloudy White at 9am. Just opened it up and got a screen protector on right away. Was very easy to install I was surprised!

First impression are big screen and heavy compared to my Pixel 5. Will report back on my success rate with the Fingerprint Reader.

Soldato
Got mine about an hour ago. P6 black. Bellroy basalt case. Some pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9y9TWQEWn8nqrmS36

First impressions:
  • Big (coming from a P5 anyway)
  • Fast and smooth
  • Haptics are really nice - may even leave the kb vibrations on
  • No issues at all with the fingerprint sensor. It's not the fastest in the world but never fails to scan my print properly.
  • Wifi calling working on O2.
Bellroy case:
  • Looks great but really hard to put on
  • Buttons are very stiff

Last edited:
Associate
Was this from Google? I ordered from them as a guest on 19th when the store was dying, managed to get an order confirmed though. No payment pending on my card and they've pushed the delivery back to 28th now. Makes me wonder if something went wrong given how bad the store handled the release day.

Just had my dispatch email, cannot track yet - Ordered 10pm 20-10-21 as I forgot about the release time

Soldato
I have, afew times and tried to trick of adding the same finger a few times as additional fingers! I definitely feel like it's getting better over time or I'm getting more used to it.
Interesting! I mean compared to an old school sensor like pixel 5 these underscreen won't be as good, my 8t was alright but never great, sensitive to any moisture/oil on finger and often I just used the face unlock. I think I'll miss that on P6 but will get used to it.

Soldato
Got mine about an hour ago. P6 black. Bellroy basalt case. Some pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9y9TWQEWn8nqrmS36

First impressions:
  • Big (coming from a P5 anyway)
  • Fast and smooth
  • Haptics are really nice - may even leave the kb vibrations on
  • No issues at all with the fingerprint sensor. It's not the fastest in the world but never fails to scan my print properly.
Bellroy case:
  • Looks great but really hard to put on
  • Buttons are very stiff
Case looks good but the big edge would get on my nerves, the gestures would be frustrating to use due to that lip on the case.. had the same issue with p5.

Soldato
Was this from Google? I ordered from them as a guest on 19th when the store was dying, managed to get an order confirmed though. No payment pending on my card and they've pushed the delivery back to 28th now. Makes me wonder if something went wrong given how bad the store handled the release day.

That's strange, I ordered from the Google store on Sunday afternoon, and had my dispatch email this morning for delivery tomorrow. I'm quite impressed with the order to delivery times. I was half expecting with a late order that I'd get a delayed shipment due to stock.

Soldato
So I received the phone and the power adapter.

I damn near broke the power adapter trying to understand how to make it the right configuration for the UK socket. The middle prong needs to be pushed up.

Soldato
Hows the little 'quality of life' stuff on people's Pixels?

There's little things that annoy me on my Mate 20 Pro, for instance I'm currently listening to spotify via some sonos speakers, and the phone shows a spotify icon on the AOD, and the track when waking the screen, but the track sometimes doesn't update until you actually unlock the phone...

Little things like this I'd hope are smoothed out on a google phone running google software.

Oh and forget about doing the finance option if a Pro comes into stock, because it'll be out of stock before you complete the process and it errors at the end. :rolleyes:

Soldato
That's strange, I ordered from the Google store on Sunday afternoon, and had my dispatch email this morning for delivery tomorrow. I'm quite impressed with the order to delivery times. I was half expecting with a late order that I'd get a delayed shipment due to stock.

Ordered it again and straight away I have a pending payment so there must have been something wrong with the first one. Tried contacting Google about the first order, but the chat is unavailable and when I requested a callback they called me and the automated message said there was no one available to take my call?! Bit of a joke really. Luckily I only wanted the Pixel 6 in Black anyway so had the same ETA.

Soldato
Hows the little 'quality of life' stuff on people's Pixels?

There's little things that annoy me on my Mate 20 Pro, for instance I'm currently listening to spotify via some sonos speakers, and the phone shows a spotify icon on the AOD, and the track when waking the screen, but the track sometimes doesn't update until you actually unlock the phone...

Little things like this I'd hope are smoothed out on a google phone running google software.

Oh and forget about doing the finance option if a Pro comes into stock, because it'll be out of stock before you complete the process and it errors at the end. :rolleyes:
Honestly my pixel 5 has had some major updates over the time I had it, many completely transforming the phone... Massive performance improvement, battery optimization etc. If 6 is anything like it then we're in for a good run.

Soldato
Interesting! I mean compared to an old school sensor like pixel 5 these underscreen won't be as good, my 8t was alright but never great, sensitive to any moisture/oil on finger and often I just used the face unlock. I think I'll miss that on P6 but will get used to it.
The capacitive sensors on the back of phones are far better than under screen ones.

Soldato
Honestly my pixel 5 has had some major updates over the time I had it, many completely transforming the phone... Massive performance improvement, battery optimization etc. If 6 is anything like it then we're in for a good run.
I'm on android 10 at the moment so there's probably been some updates I'm missing, but I'd hope that Google's own phones have a level of integration that other's can't match.

I've noticed there's a shortcut to google home controls straight from the lockscreen for instance. Little things like that are great as I regularly control my lights from my phone and not having to unlock, go to google home, wait for it to update, then select the lights will be nice.

Soldato
I'm on android 10 at the moment so there's probably been some updates I'm missing, but I'd hope that Google's own phones have a level of integration that other's can't match.

I've noticed there's a shortcut to google home controls straight from the lockscreen for instance. Little things like that are great as I regularly control my lights from my phone and not having to unlock, go to google home, wait for it to update, then select the lights will be nice.
Yeah you're 2 major versions behind. Android has changed a lot since 10!

Back
Top Bottom