• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Picked up a series s for the lads Xmas. With regards to storage expansion options, do you know if it's possible to store and run series x/s games of an external drive? Or is it just xbox one games? Can anyone recommend a external drive?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Picked up a series s for the lads Xmas. With regards to storage expansion options, do you know if it's possible to store and run series x/s games of an external drive? Or is it just xbox one games? Can anyone recommend a external drive?

You can store them but you won't get any of the next gen funkiness, if they run at all. You'd be better keeping the external drive for non optimised games and keep all next gen on the internal drive.

Man of Honour

I use a 1TB USB SSD for XBO and supported XSX games. XSX games using an older version of the SDK can still be installed on an external SSD with no loss of features or any noticeable difference in loading times.

Set your external SSD as the default drive and any games that must run from the internal drive will tell you when they install and then install on the internal drive.

Soldato
Looks like MS are finally giving the option for muting the output of the xbox if a headset is connected, its in the early ring testing soon I believe... about time, I often forget to hit mute on the amplifier late at night!
This is a great idea, stops the late night panic to reach for the remote. There's something odd going on between my LG OLED, Xbox and Denon sound bar, when i connect my headphones and then turn the sound bar off, the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds (handshaking I guess) and sometimes the dashboard sets itself to 640x480, I have to restart the xbox to reset it.

Soldato
Just picked up a Series X at my local game shop. (NOT GAME).
£590 with an extra controller and rechargeable battery packs.

about £75 more than RRP I think, but I cant grumble as you physically cannot buy them at RRP.

Got 12 Months Unlimited pass from my new BT 900Mbps fibre I just had installed.

Can anyone advise what a good wireless headset may be?

Caporegime
Just picked up a Series X at my local game shop. (NOT GAME).
£590 with an extra controller and rechargeable battery packs.

about £75 more than RRP I think, but I cant grumble as you physically cannot buy them at RRP.

Got 12 Months Unlimited pass from my new BT 900Mbps fibre I just had installed.

Leading up to Christmas is probably the worst time to get any consoles, especially this year. Back in the summer it was quite easy, I see it pop up online quite often. I got mine from John Lewis walking in on a Saturday afternoon. My friends are also looking for one for their son’s for Christmas and I’m keeping a lookout online but not noticed any for a month.

as for headsets, the official Xbox one is okay, my only complaint is that the headband is too small for my head. I could do with it 1 notch when extended.

Soldato
Leading up to Christmas is probably the worst time to get any consoles, especially this year. Back in the summer it was quite easy, I see it pop up online quite often. I got mine from John Lewis walking in on a Saturday afternoon. My friends are also looking for one for their son’s for Christmas and I’m keeping a lookout online but not noticed any for a month.

as for headsets, the official Xbox one is okay, my only complaint is that the headband is too small for my head. I could do with it 1 notch when extended.
The shop I used has one left at £550.

So if they are after one, it might be a good place to get one?

Soldato

I've got both the Steel Series Arctis 7x and the Turtle Beach Stealth 700X Gen 2.

I use the Steel Series mainly as its cross compatible, e.g. uses a little dongle that can switch between Xbox and USB modes so can be used across a multitude of devices... The 700X is well and truely integrated with the Xbox ecosystem however, so if you're not planning on moving it from device to device then I'd probably say the Stealth 700X Gen 2.

Back
Top Bottom