Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Permabanned
Get some flashy LED collars, I've a couple for my hounds.

I use these, the best ones I've tried so far... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077YKQ19N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works out a bit pricey for 10 dogs though!

I actually did that a few years ago, but they were little things you put on a split ring on their collars. They worked well for a few weeks, then one dog was missing a device the next night, when I came to turn (twist) it on. They had hearing aid batteries in them, and I think they have mercury in them. I was a bit worried so rang the vet, who I know well, at home. He just laughed and said there was no way he was going back into work and x raying all the seven dogs we had then, and that I should just look for a flashing turd the next evening.... I took the rest of the things off and never did see a twinkleturd. None ever got ill, so God knows where it went.

Thanks for the idea and link, they do look good, but as you say, a bit pricey. Some might rightly say they need training better, but some are rescues and some disobedience is, to coin a popular phrase, "baked in".

Man of Honour
Nope, this change may well be the last because: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/clocks-change-uk-2020-daylight-saving-time

Hopefully the UK falls inline with the EU and other states, imagine going to Wales etc and having a different time zone. Satnavs will have a fit!

From your lips to God’s ears, but I’ll believe it when it happens, then I’ll change the habits of a lifetime and prostrate myself in the nearest place of worship, thanking God, Allah, Buddha and any deity worthy of the name for finally getting U.K. to see the light, (no pun intended but it seems to fit.)
Like everyone else, I just suffered this verdammt time switch twice per year, until I was around forty and began to think, “Why on earth do we have to regularly put up with this merde?”

Man of Honour
I'll put up with BST rather than align anything with the EU ;)

Loath as I am to disagree with one of the more intelligent contributors to this forum, (IMO), we’ll have to agree to differ over daylight saving Chris, forget Europe for a while, I’d prefer to align U.K. with the State of Arizona.
It abandoned DST in 1968, but John Wayne was right, you cain’t trust those pesky redskins.
The Navajo Nation, straddling Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico opted to stick with DST, aaaggh!

Permabanned
Loath as I am to disagree with one of the more intelligent contributors to this forum, (IMO), we’ll have to agree to differ over daylight saving Chris, forget Europe for a while, I’d prefer to align U.K. with the State of Arizona.
It abandoned DST in 1968, but John Wayne was right, you cain’t trust those pesky redskins.
The Navajo Nation, straddling Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico opted to stick with DST, aaaggh!

I'm flattered but feel you may well get flack for that compliment from many who will vehemently disagree ;) I am sure your Gallic shoulders are wide enough to shrug them off though!

It was, to be absolutely honest, one of my tongue in cheek anti EU throw away comments, in reality I loathe the clock change and putting down my union jack I would be happy to see the late afternoon darkness banished to history.

Man of Honour
I'm flattered but feel you may well get flack for that compliment from many who will vehemently disagree ;) I am sure your Gallic shoulders are wide enough to shrug them off though!

It was, to be absolutely honest, one of my tongue in cheek anti EU throw away comments, in reality I loathe the clock change and putting down my union jack I would be happy to see the late afternoon darkness banished to history.

I dared to hope that it might be tongue in cheek, or “pince sans rire”, and as for catching flak for saying that I find you intelligent, well I could care less, there, that’s given them something else to beef about,
Tchin Tchin, Jean-François

Back
Top Bottom