Fantasy Premier League 22/23 is GO!! ** SPOILERS** LEAGUE RENEWED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Played wildcard myself

Now have Wan-Bissaka - Trent - Jansson
Gray - El Ghazi - Mac Allister - Salah
Richarlison - Ronaldo (C) - Ings

I best get good points now!

Man of Honour
Wildcard played for me. Fernandes out and then a re-shuffle to get Salah in, i think his impact will be greater than Ronaldos but Fernandes' will be hugely reduced since he's no longer on pens/freekicks.
The irony is statistically Ronaldo is absolutely woeful at direct freekicks of late, it's not just a case of him missing a lot because he takes a lot but his conversion rate is also abysmal. Can't find up to date stats but as of March he'd scored 1 out of 71 attempts for Juve. That feels incredibly wasteful.

Rolling average for Prem freekick takers is apparently 9.2% success rate.

I don't know how they determine what is an 'attempt' (i.e. a shot versus a ball into the box) but even if there are a few false positives his return is poor.

Caporegime
So much emphasis on ramming Ronny straight in, I am in 2 minds. Bruno > Greenwood doesn't seem the worst choice, and downgrading Mahrez. Decisions....

Caporegime
Weird week. Did some early transfers including Lukaku, then had to use my WC and was so damn close to captaining Havertz but switched back to Salah last minute. God did he save me :D.

Man of Honour
Weird week. Did some early transfers including Lukaku, then had to use my WC and was so damn close to captaining Havertz but switched back to Salah last minute. God did he save me :D.

I’m surprised many in my work league haven’t taken Salah. I held out for a few weeks, but it just wasn’t a level playing field without him.

Got rid of Schmeichel this week. Saves me some cash. Stuck Raya in.

Got 100 points on GW9, that’s my best result to date.

Caporegime
OP
I’m surprised many in my work league haven’t taken Salah. I held out for a few weeks, but it just wasn’t a level playing field without him.
People go looking for a differential of some sort but in all honesty if you don’t have him you’d need to get it right every week like Mason Mount last weekend. There’s a reason Salah has a 68.5% ownership. He’s the postman.

Soldato
Yeah, there's always that player every year who you need in your team just to be competitive, i remember when it was Van Persie at United.

I think the main time to be different is the last few months because if you're chasing people and you all have the same players you never make up ground. It's a risk though.

People go looking for a differential of some sort but in all honesty if you don’t have him you’d need to get it right every week like Mason Mount last weekend. There’s a reason Salah has a 68.5% ownership. He’s the postman.

I had both :D Although the rest of my team did bugger all :(

Man of Honour
Personally I consider 'differentials' a bit unnecessary most of the time - for the majority of the season what you want to do is maximise your points output, which might mean picking the same players as rivals. So as you say towards the end of the season it might be more relevant but even then it carries a risk, I mean unless you are WAY behind simply ignoring top players to create a differential could backfire, because you might have made up the ground with natural differences anyway, and you end up shooting yourself in the foot.

One season, I did a 'reverse differential' by using my wildcard that I'd been saving for a DGW that never materialised to largely copy the team of the person in second place in our work league :)

This season is going OK for me apart from when I transferred in Bamford early in the week to avoid price changes, a long term injury was then announced so I had to transfer him straight back out the following week. Then a couple of weeks later his replacement (Lukuku) got injured as well.

Soldato
This season is going OK for me apart from when I transferred in Bamford early in the week to avoid price changes, a long term injury was then announced so I had to transfer him straight back out the following week. Then a couple of weeks later his replacement (Lukuku) got injured as well.

I had that, got fed up with DDG, swapped him with Roja who then got injured in the first game and DDG kept a clean sheet for the first time in months!

Associate
Carnage for lots of teams with the postponed fixtures this week. How is everybody managing it?

I’m lucky enough to have 10 starters and should be able to use my free transfer to bring in either Watkins or Lacazette for a full XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom