Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
RG2QISm.jpeg

Dell OptiPlex 3020 (i5 4590, 500GB, 8GB RAM) to run as a home server/CCTV DVR. £85 which I felt was a steel - although just annoyed myself by remembering the custom/lack of PSU connectors for more hard drives :o

Soldato
New MacBook Pro :D

IMG-0023.jpg
Open it!!!!

Soldato
Some WiFi 6 APs - Zyxel NWA50ax. Believe these are aimed at small businesses rather than an old cottage but price wise they were quite attractive and a lot cheaper than it's competitors. So far I can't see any issues, some really decent bandwidth being thrown about.

yYhubX1l.jpg

Soldato
Some WiFi 6 APs - Zyxel NWA50ax. Believe these are aimed at small businesses rather than an old cottage but price wise they were quite attractive and a lot cheaper than it's competitors. So far I can't see any issues, some really decent bandwidth being thrown about.
Doesn't seem much cheaper than competitors at 80EUR unless I'm missing something?

Have you done them as wired APs or can you mesh them?

They do look neat though.

Soldato
Great buy :) Will do you perfectly for that use case.
Thanks for the recommendation. Just installed SABNzb, Sonarr, Plex, iSpy (Nursery Camera), BlueIris (CCTV), file share etc. Feels good to have a local server and not rely on the one in my Mum's remote attic (although fingers crossed that thing is still going!) :cool:

Soldato
Doesn't seem much cheaper than competitors at 80EUR unless I'm missing something?

Have you done them as wired APs or can you mesh them?

They do look neat though.

I was looking at Unifi WiFi 6 lite which seemed a lot more expensive as did others. Maybe the Unifi prices are inflated due to demand not sure to be honest.

Yeah they're quite neat, lot smaller than I expected. Currently they're set up as wired APs ( 5ghz only) and are in general I'm managing to get around 400-475mbps on non-wifi6 devices. Unfortunately the only WiFi 6 device I have is the PS5 until this Pixel arrives this week.

( Forgot to say I've got 1Gbps fibre. )

Last edited:
Soldato
Will there be an actual direct speed increase with a wifi6 device? I thought wifi6 was more about managing traffic than an actual increase in speed for a single device.

Yeah, I had a pair of Netgear Orbi's previously and tested the speeds with an Oppo x2 Pro and was quite impressed. Only reason I ditched the Orbi's was the high price of a 3rd satellite for another part of the cottage which has really thick walls.

Oppo x2 Pro and RBK50s ( admittedly both situated in the same room )

T0xrFEfl.jpg ,

Last edited:
Associate
I really quite like the look of this phone.

I've been tempted to upgrade from my Huawei P30 Pro, just noticed O2 are offering a free pair of Bose headphones worth £349 with the Pixel if you order by tomorrow so I think I might as well!!

Well, here we go...

51632372815_8b0e30aa03_c.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Another bread mix, wrights oat and linseed ive added Greek extra virgin olive oil, again on a 58 min rapid bake, not sure if colour ok but always cuts and tastes perfect so..........

IMG-20211027-093407.jpg
Why isn't this a screenshot?

Guys, can we send someone round moon man's house to make sure he is OK and this guy isn't an imposter?

Soldato
Why isn't this a screenshot?

Guys, can we send someone round moon man's house to make sure he is OK and this guy isn't an imposter?
I think its these meds i am taking! Tbh though if im uploading the last pic i took that is top of list so its fine if im doing say 27th pic today i screenshot it and it becomes no 1
Theres madness in my method
Edit, sometimes i do it for a location date stamp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom