Strix X570-E woes!

Associate
I'm building a new system based of the following
CPU- Ryxen 9 3900x
Mobo -Strix X570-E
Bios - updated to 4021
Ram- 32Gb corsair vengance rgb pro SL

I'm encounter several issues which I cannot resolve -

1. Following system assembly I trialled the system using an old sata drive with Ubuntu . The system booted, and worked as expected - Great!
2. The second trial I used an sata ssd with windows 10 (built/setup for my current pc system). The new system booted, windows worked with network availability etc, but crashed regularly - All looking positive!

The next day - new windows install day: I hooked up my ssd ready to wipe and reinstall windows.... the new system now constantly freezes at post with an A2 qcode. I cannot enter the bios. I have tried this out many times with various drives and cables etc the result is always the same. Ive cleared the bios many times too as well as updating it to the most current revision.

The next steps:
3. I installed a Nvme drive and a fresh windows installed - The system constantly crashes, I switch off CBS and PBO with impoves stability a bit. but does crash a plenty quite often when runing scan hardware in device manager, or installing a network adaptor driver.
4. None of the network devices are recognised despite using the most up-to-date drivers available from asus, and trying combinations of network adapters being switched off. I almost had success with the realtek adaptor (2.5gb) it breidly saw my home network before deciding to give up!

This has now become incredibly time consuming and frustating. I just dont understand how one day it boots from ssd then not the next. Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated, otherwise the whole lot is being returned.

Thanks.

Soldato
Is BIOS newest?
Also download X570 chipset driver from AMD's site.
Same for NIC driver from Intel's site, because one in Asus page definitely isn't Intel's newest driver.

And hope you didn't buy that for gaming.
Very expensive board doesn't make two years old last gen CPU any less slower. (than newer CPUs)

Associate
OP
I'm using the newest BIOS, with Intel's curent drivers for their nic, installing them has been painful. The only marginal success Ive had on the nic front is the realtek device, it briefly connected to my home network. Ive honestly never had these issues with setting up systems in the past. Ive also had a brief wifi success but with a pcie card, it managed to see all the wifi networks before stopping. I could type my wifi pass word in quick enough.

As for my use of the new system, its a mixed bag of CAD, and some gaming. Gaming-wise it'll do me just fine for a good while.

My issues are not being able to conenct sata drives (A2 code at post and system freeze), windows stability, and not getting online.

Associate
OP
I set up with two 16Gb in their respective slots. But have been running it with a single stick. It's made zero difference.
I've come to the conclusion that tomorrow I'm filling out the return forms.
Ive just went through a test installation on a spare drive on my working system, using the usb build of windows 10 I used for the new system. It installed fine, saw the network devices during set up, so I know my installation isnt at fault.
The qcode thing, in my opinion is pointless. There is precious little further information in the manual/asus website, nor any update covering the reserved codes in the manual. A fault tree for each code item would be useful, perhaps this existing but not for the general public.

Associate
OP
There is some hardware issue I just cannot fathom out. The inconsistancey when I booted fine with the two ssd drives one day, then the next day system freezing just bugs the hell out of me. Ive re-installed the cpu and ram but the problems just dont go away.

Then theres constant crashing in a baisc windows install build, which ive overcome to some extent; and the NIC not connecting issue. I retried with a boot from usb version of ubuntu and it also was not connecting to the network.

Ive thrown in the towel and hit the return hardware button. Just printed out the labels, and then system dissmantle.

Back
Top Bottom