Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Surprised to hear that based on the quoted nit values for the 2 screens?

That's why I prefer having both in my hands to compare rather than going off Web comparisons.

The screen on the 6 Pro is very warm though. A tad too much yellow tint and no way of adjustment, they need to add this adjustment to pixels!

Soldato
Wow p6 is a big boy! Massive compared to p5, will take a while to get used.

Finger print scanner is shocking too, and I had 6t etc early attempts at it. This is worse!

Soldato
Unsure what case to get, I need one for when cycling solo. I'd get the mous in a heart beat, but not available until January! The spigen looks a good alternative for £10!

Anyone got anything different?

I went for the Spigen liquid air which came yesterday. It's gonna be a big phone this! (6pro) might be too big

Soldato
Wow p6 is a big boy! Massive compared to p5, will take a while to get used.

Finger print scanner is shocking too, and I had 6t etc early attempts at it. This is worse!

If it annoys me even in the slightest it's going back. No face unlock on the pixels so the scanner has to be flawless.

Soldato
I went for the Spigen liquid air which came yesterday. It's gonna be a big phone this! (6pro) might be too big

It feels bigger than my OnePlus 9 Pro due to the boxy corners, looks great in pictures but in reality it's not helping ergonomics. And the 9p feels more slender and lighter which it is.

Smaller battery and a faster charger is a better compromise in my opinion. 4500mah and 65w charger is the sweet spot.

Soldato
This year was the 9 pro, S21U and this. Not too bad haha.

To be honest, I love my oneplus 8T and only went for a pixel 6 pro because I wanted something new. Kinda having second thoughts. It's coming tomorrow, and DPD usually come really early in the morning. If it's good, I'll keep it, but it needs to be really good. No faffing about with the unlock for starters. If it wasn't for the 10% credit and free headphones I don't think I'd have bothered.

Associate
Anyone with a 6 Pro using the dual sim functionality?
I have a 3 mobile broadband physical sim and a Vodafone contract esim. Both working fine with VoWiFi and VoLTE but seems the physical is slot 1 and esim is slot 2 with no way to reverse them? Not that functionality it makes any difference but triggers my OCD.

Soldato
Case situation is annoying for the 6. Both the Spiegen cases I would have gone for are out of stock, so figured I'd just get the official one and that won't arrive until late next week.

Very happy with the phone so far though. :)

Soldato
Okay first impressions coming from p5

Size, much bigger but also heavy, very heavy!
Screen is nice and sharp, no issues with lower resolution
Rear camera seems great from a few test shots, front seems worse than p5 but I don't particularly care if I'm honest.
Bezels don't get in my way at all and seem fine.
Coral colour is awesome and I'm glad I went for it.
Performance, great! Snappy like p5 was but most noticeable is storage speed, much faster to save photos and load media.
Flat black edges look great.

Things I don't like:

Finger print scanner is a bit temperamental and seems to take a while. Hopefully it'll improve but currently a huge downgrade compared to the one on p5.
Front facing camera(if you care) seems a bit noisy/dull.
Weight, I'll get used to it but it's a tool, could really hurt someone with it.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
6 Pro is a legit bar of wet soap. Nearly dropped the bloody thing so many times already. Deffo needs a case.

Associate
Mines from Google store, I think it's because 1 item is out of stock so the rest is delayed also. I never have any luck when I actually decide to get a new phone which is not very often.

Associate
Anyone with a 6 Pro using the dual sim functionality?
I have a 3 mobile broadband physical sim and a Vodafone contract esim. Both working fine with VoWiFi and VoLTE but seems the physical is slot 1 and esim is slot 2 with no way to reverse them? Not that functionality it makes any difference but triggers my OCD.
I tried to use an EE esim for the first time today, but for some reason it won’t download from the MyEE app and the QR code isn’t recognised. EE are now investigating as apparently I’m not the first that has called them about it today.

Back
Top Bottom