Poll: *** The official 2021 14" and 16" Macbook Pro thread (it has an SD slot and everything!) ***

Will you be buying a new MacBook Pro

• Yes, 14"

Votes: 43 31.9%
  • Yes, 16"

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 47.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone notice the 120hz pro-motion?

The speakers are good as mentioned by other, blows the 2015 out of the water. But in certain conditions, like someone speaking in a room, theses a slight reverb.

Commissario
I'm really tempted to replace my 2019 16inch 6 core with a 14inch 10 core. Hmmm
My M1 MBA with 16Gb knocks spots off my 2017 i7 27” iMac with 40Gb. It’s just not funny any more!

Someone’s going to get a beast of a computer at a real steal when the new ones come out next year, I’ll be going for the top model.

Soldato
Picked up my 14" earlier. Quite impressed with it. Notch isn't an issue for me but after using Macs for so many years, the thicker menu bar up top does feel a little different somehow.

Also was surprised to see that my battery already has 6 charge cycles logged on it. I swear every other Mac I've bought has only had 1 or 2.

Permabanned
Picked up my 14" earlier. Quite impressed with it. Notch isn't an issue for me but after using Macs for so many years, the thicker menu bar up top does feel a little different somehow.

Also was surprised to see that my battery already has 6 charge cycles logged on it. I swear every other Mac I've bought has only had 1 or 2.

Odd mine has 2 cycles, and 1 of those is by me today...

Last edited:
Soldato
I am going back and forth on spec so much on this - I know 16GB would be fine... however I expect this machine to last a long long time and I just feel 32GB serves that much better but holy price uplift batman

fez

fez

Caporegime
Still waiting for mine to be delivered. UPS says there has been a "mechanical issue" which has delayed it. Still hoping for delivery this week but losing hope fast.

Soldato
Am just trying to research what AAA games work on a macbook before i think of buying one as i was pretty disappointed with what games where available on my ipad pro..

One other thing to note if you're wanting to play anything multiplayer is that not all games will play with their versions on Windows. Often they leave the cross play functionality out of ported games.

Back
Top Bottom