• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I ended up getting a 6700 XT Merc and a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT.

images

Caporegime
Plenty of them guerrillas about.
Don't see many F1 #guerrillas about though. :cool:
F1 2021 gets FSR support

New Content

• Imola has been added to the game
  • Visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
  • Esports Pit Release option has been added to multiplayer sessions
  • Added support for the Fanatec CSL DD Base
  • Added support for AMD FSR and CACAO

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-2021/news/f1-2021-patch-112-notes
Gave this (CACAO) a try earlier on the 6700 XT, seems to run very well.

With give FSR a bash next.

Fair play to the developers of F1 2021, they have all graphics technologies in there from AMD and Nvidia and the game runs really well all round. :)

Associate
I had until recently a Powercolor RX 5700 XT it had a terrible time overheating while playing with 2 monitors both set to 1440p, but one only being used for games the other for discord and some screen recording software.
I used it for 8 months till I couldn't stand the constant crashing, even after manually setting the fans and hampering performance with the Chill function. (the gaming monitor would go black, but the other one was still OK and I was able to restart my PC that way to get both screens working properly)

I recently upgraded to a Powercolor RX 6700 XT, which on the box stated 1440p and Ultra settings; after playing Conan Exiles with 1 monitor at 1440p for gaming, the other 4K with only discord, steam and the recording software open; withing 3 20ish hour days of NMS and 2.5 days of Conan Exiles at Ultra settings BOOM both screens un-viewable left one pink with a lot of lines, right one (That was playing the game) black with coloured blocks on a frozen black screen. Just had to do a hard shut down to do a restart.

Anyone know how to drop a picture in? it's asking for a URL.

https://youtu.be/h0V3_8AnnsU

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought Nitro+ - very impressed so far, very cool and quiet, paid £750 (went up to £799 just after before going OOS) which is obv too much, but i'll more than cover that will sale of 3060ti NON LHR. How does it stack up v 3060ti? I can't imagine there's much in it, but i'm happier with 12GB VRAM for the next 2-3 years than 8GB.

By the way do OCUK handle Sapphire RMA is required? I can't find anywhere to register crad with manufcaturer like I did with Gigabyte 3060ti.

Associate
Just bought Nitro+ - very impressed so far, very cool and quiet, paid £750 (went up to £799 just after before going OOS) which is obv too much, but i'll more than cover that will sale of 3060ti NON LHR. How does it stack up v 3060ti? I can't imagine there's much in it, but i'm happier with 12GB VRAM for the next 2-3 years than 8GB.

By the way do OCUK handle Sapphire RMA is required? I can't find anywhere to register crad with manufcaturer like I did with Gigabyte 3060ti.
Nice price I paid £675 second hand. Awesome card though.

Soldato
Nice price I paid £675 second hand. Awesome card though.

Nice, I used to buy 2nd hand all the time, never had a problem, this the queitest/best temp card I've ever had, and the 3060ti was very impressive in terms of noise and temps, but this is even better. I thought i'll cash now and have 3 years warranty on top, I'd just had 2 remaining with old card. I used to buy Sapphire all the time, then had a few PC Red Devils/Dragons 580,590, 56 - they were all good cards.

Associate
Nice, I used to buy 2nd hand all the time, never had a problem, this the queitest/best temp card I've ever had, and the 3060ti was very impressive in terms of noise and temps, but this is even better. I thought i'll cash now and have 3 years warranty on top, I'd just had 2 remaining with old card. I used to buy Sapphire all the time, then had a few PC Red Devils/Dragons 580,590, 56 - they were all good cards.
I have a 580 red dragon in my system as well. I intend to get another 6700xt to replace it then put them both on water now EK have water blocks for them.

Soldato
I have a 580 red dragon in my system as well. I intend to get another 6700xt to replace it then put them both on water now EK have water blocks for them.

I've never WC a card before, I'll leave that to the experts! Sadly looks like prices have gone up AGAIN Nitro+ is now listed @ £830 OOS, the RD is £830 too...

To think a year ago I hated paying £480 for ther 3060ti, now virtually anything comparable is £750+.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I've never WC a card before, I'll leave that to the experts! Sadly looks like prices have gone up AGAIN Nitro+ is now listed @ £830 OOS, the RD is £830 too...

To think a year ago I hated paying £480 for ther 3060ti, now virtually anything comparable is £750+.

Yep its shocking, although I baulked at the £450 price the 6700XT launched at on the deal here to members, rarely have I seen it on the retailers for under £700! Some of the better builds are even near £900. I have yet to see the mythical non XT 6800 in stock anywhere too.

Soldato
Yep its shocking, although I baulked at the £450 price the 6700XT launched at on the deal here to members, rarely have I seen it on the retailers for under £700! Some of the better builds are even near £900. I have yet to see the mythical non XT 6800 in stock anywhere too.

I never thought about trying to get one on the members deal, I've seen a few 6800 recently but they soon went.

Back
Top Bottom