The C8 Corvette now shown without camouflage - 'vette going mid-engined

Soldato
If you want the interior quality of a Ferrari or Bentley, buy a Ferrari or Bentley. These cars are cheap for a reason.
But they're not cheap, really. No one is asking for Bentley quality, but I would at least expect it to match the quality of a Ford Focus which at the moment, it doesn't.

Soldato
I don’t think it’s asking much to expect stitching to be “straight” or panels to match up :o

Are they going for the hand built excuse?

Is that an excuse? Hand built cars usually have less imperfections these days. That would definitely not pass a quality check at Morgan etc :D

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I'm surprised by this comment as the 458 is a thing of beauty. This Corvette really isn't.

I'm sure it'll perform well but come on, look at your 458 and can you imagine this Corvette will give you the same buzz?

Im talking more from a drivetrain perspective and chassis and sound.

Yes the new Corvette does not even come close to 458 for looks but it’s got a very similar power plant which sounds identical. Chevrolet themselves even admit that the 458 was a major player in their goals to where they wanted to be with Z06.

OcUK Staff
If it actually gets to the UK in a timely manner at a good price, sign me up!

I think a UK RHD best case be end of 2023, maybe as late as 2024, don't even think regular C8 RHD models have made it here yet.
My guess is £109,000 for a Z06 as fully loaded C8 is around £81,000 in UK. With the full carbon pack option with ceramics my guess is somewhere around 130k, maybe less if were lucky or 150k if Chevrolet cant build enough.

Thats a hell of a lot of performance they have got out of a NA V8!

Yep they have done an awesome job, seems an amazing powerplant and the fact they made that in this day and age is impressive. Suspect UK version will be around 640HP after its been emission strangled. Still mega quick!

Caporegime
I think I now have ear AIDS after I clicked the blonde girls video.

Why you do this :(

I instantly wanted to punch her in the throat.

She's a blonde woman with tons of makeup catering to the younger thirsty Instagram crowd. Her reporting has zero substance, I mean she even unironically drove the Devel Sixteen and expected everyone to just gloss over the fact that the car is basically an Airfix kit built by a blind bloke with a Fiesta chassis underneath.

I reckon her and Shmee should have a kid and name it HIGUYSTHISISACAR!

Soldato
I think they are releasing it way to late in the UK. Especially with fuel prices now going to the Moon.
If you're spending £80k+ on a car like this, I don't think fuel prices matter all that much.

This will be a last hurrah for petrol and I really, really want one.

Soldato
If you're spending £80k+ on a car like this, I don't think fuel prices matter all that much.

This will be a last hurrah for petrol and I really, really want one.

But it might be unsellable as we get close to 2030. It's a really expensive Chevvy and it's not likely to be collectable like the car it's up against.

Caporegime
But it might be unsellable as we get close to 2030. It's a really expensive Chevvy and it's not likely to be collectable like the car it's up against.

It will still sell. I think there will be massive demand for the last of the V8s, V10, V12s etc. Some manufacturers have already stopped making cars with these engines so there is fewer and fewer choices and this quick possibly is the best V8 engine ever made.

I would love to own one before you cant buy one anymore.

Back
Top Bottom