SSUPD MeshLicious (from the makers of the FormD T1)

Soldato
Looking good. Very unique. I'd like to see where you end up routing all your tubing.

Also, I've got to ask about Windows 95?

I've not made any further changes, and probably won't now until the weekend, then I'll be in Barcelona next week. I'd love to get a 3070 FE to put in my as it would open up the space above the graphics card.

Soldato
Haven't really done much recently as I've been away most of this week. I did very nearly pick up a 3060Ti FE on Friday which would have changed the layout quite a bit.

I did however manage to fit the 3D printed back plate, I bought on Esty, which goes in place of the PCI blanking plates at the back of the case. Looks much better I think.

This is the link if anyone wants to do the same: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1048611547/meshlicious-custom-pci-e-slot-cover

Associate
Awesome build.

I got mine on preorder with OC UK (hopefully it will arrive this month, Sep), I am just going for a standard AIO setup haha. May be someday I will look into custom loop builds, that’s a whole new level of PC building experience to learn.

Soldato
Awesome build.

I got mine on preorder with OC UK (hopefully it will arrive this month, Sep), I am just going for a standard AIO setup haha. May be someday I will look into custom loop builds, that’s a whole new level of PC building experience to learn.

This is only the second case I've built a custom loop in. It's something I put off for years because I just couldn't justify the extra cost. I've come to realise it's as much about the challenge and aesthetics as it is the actual cooling performance.

Which colour case did you order?

Associate
This is only the second case I've built a custom loop in. It's something I put off for years because I just couldn't justify the extra cost. I've come to realise it's as much about the challenge and aesthetics as it is the actual cooling performance.

Which colour case did you order?
I think I may go custom for my next upgrade. I love DIY plumbing at home… so it’s basically the same haha.

White and I might order the TG panel when in stock. Watched a YouTube video confirm the temps. are better when running a TG panel for a AIO setup.

Full mesh for air, and if people want to show off, 2 TG panels for a custom loop.

Soldato
Haven't done very much with the system for a few weeks now as I've been awaiting a plexi top for my pump to turn up from China, turns out it's going to be too big to mount it where I want to anyway so back to the drawing-board. In the meantime I've not been able to get a 3070 FE or 3060Ti FE from the UK retailer as I've missed them so I think I'll have to stick with the 1080Ti for now, which means I'm forced to buy a different resevoir and go with an SFX PSU :(

Soldato
Haven't done very much with the system for a few weeks now as I've been awaiting a plexi top for my pump to turn up from China, turns out it's going to be too big to mount it where I want to anyway so back to the drawing-board. In the meantime I've not been able to get a 3070 FE or 3060Ti FE from the UK retailer as I've missed them so I think I'll have to stick with the 1080Ti for now, which means I'm forced to buy a different resevoir and go with an SFX PSU :(

Change of plans. I managed to order a 3060Ti FE this morning :D

Associate
Unbelievably I managed to score a 3070 Ti this week from a UK drop! I've seen the warnings of blow through cards mounted upside down like this but with little option (for MSRP) I guess I may as well try. Turns out if you space the card away from the motherboard it works quite well (thanks to Reddit!).

I used some old mobo standoffs to space the PCI-E riser away about an inch so there's a bit of air gap, not the most attractive solution but it works! Temps so far seem to be pretty good (~60deg in BFV @ 1440p Ultra settings), especially after undervolting the card slightly (875mV @ 1850MHz). This dropped power draw, temperatures and fan noise significantly so well worth doing on these cards. There isn't much, if any, sacrifice in performance either. Stock it was pretty loud and got fairly warm (75deg) pulling 1.1V. I'd say it's a must for an FE cooled 3000 series GPU.

Suffice to say it's a massive upgrade from my previous 1070 :cool:

20211022-212339.jpg

20211022-212415.jpg

20211022-212442.jpg

Soldato
Yeah... nice! Mine has been sat in its box for the past month. Financially I've had to be careful over the past month and the family (myself included) all had COVID which has put progress on the PC on the backburner. However yesterday I ordered a new reservoir and I'm going to attempt to mock something up this week.

I still need to buy a waterblock for my 3060Ti and I'm not sure if I'll go EK or Alphacool. The EK block looks way better but the ports at tge end might make life difficult.

Associate
I think I may go custom for my next upgrade. I love DIY plumbing at home… so it’s basically the same haha.

White and I might order the TG panel when in stock. Watched a YouTube video confirm the temps. are better when running a TG panel for a AIO setup.

Full mesh for air, and if people want to show off, 2 TG panels for a custom loop.

Have you found a video of people using 2 TG panels? Considering it, not sure if it's enough airflow or not. I have a custom loop, two front 140mm intakes, and one top 90mm exhaust

Associate
Not yet.

But you can try and test it yourself, grab some paper and block the side mesh panels.

Shall do when I get some time within the next week. I sorta don't want it to work well so I don't have to buy shorter cables to clean up my CPU-side for display

Associate
Any recommendation for either SSUPD feet which are >13mm tall, or a <30mm right angled DisplayPort cable / adapter?

Have my GPU at the lowest height, and can't fit a cable below :'(

Soldato
Any recommendation for either SSUPD feet which are >13mm tall, or a <30mm right angled DisplayPort cable / adapter?

Have my GPU at the lowest height, and can't fit a cable below :'(
Think 3D printed is your only real option here, i've asked a mate to do me a set for my dads pc to give abit of clearance.

Soldato
I've asked this before I think but struggled to find the right ones. Does anyone know where to get the correct 20mm motherboard standoffs? I'm a bit concerned about buying ones that are too fat or thin.

Cheers.

Soldato
I've asked this before I think but struggled to find the right ones. Does anyone know where to get the correct 20mm motherboard standoffs? I'm a bit concerned about buying ones that are too fat or thin.

Cheers.
I got a boxed set from the rainforest site and used them in my build, not had any bother at all. Will send a trust message with the item details.

Back
Top Bottom