• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
Those results are bizzare, Crysis Remastered numbers say the real IPC gain is buck all. Then again it's hard to trust Intel's methodology so still waiting to see real benchmarks by a competent publication.

Soldato
I could believe the results, cause why not, but the quality of that 'slide' is, well, awful? It's like an zoomed 640x480 image...

Would Intel compare to Rocket Lake as well, considering the comparison is 'look how terrible our last CPU was'

Associate
Those results are bizzare, Crysis Remastered numbers say the real IPC gain is buck all. Then again it's hard to trust Intel's methodology so still waiting to see real benchmarks by a competent publication.
Agreed, these titles seem very Cheery picked and the results seem more frequency based then IPC gain based. i guess these are Windows 11 so a Windows 10 comparison would be useful, there was also talk the games would need to be patched to benefit from ADL architecture so i wonder if these represent some of the titles that have been patched

Soldato
thats great, so you're sayings it's similiar latency and big increase in bandwidth. And 8000 overclocks for DDR5 this year is not hard, many kits will do 8000 and next year we're looking at xmp kits rated at 12600 and even that's not the end, it's going to get even faster
It's not, because the most important piece of information is not on there. Not to mention how little impact mem b/w has on gaming (see dual vs quad channel tests).

DDR4 was tested on ryzen or both cases on alder lake with gear2? because skylake with that frequency and low timings gives you ~ 36ns
https://twitter.com/Franco_FC17/status/1453261256123633672

In other news, more lulz:
FCrJKxrWEAAKBFl

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting. That should just about match/surpass a tuned 5950X with PBO and curve optimizer in games, we shall see. :)

I suspect finally my 5950X CBR23 ST score of 1715 will be beaten by an Intel processor though. At least until Zen with 3D Cache arrives.

I'm sure the 12900k can also be tuned/overclocked, more appropriate to compare stock vs stock, overclock vs overclock etc. I'd expect scores to continue to improve as faster DDR5 gets released etc!

The 11900k already beats a 5950x in single core performance, overclock vs overclock. 5950X trashes the 11900k in MT performance though.

Caporegime
The 11900k already beats a 5950x in single core performance, overclock vs overclock.
Most of the benchmarks don't show this though. I thought you already tried to beat my CBR23 and Geekbench scores and couldn't with your tuned 11900K?

Apologies If I am wrong and you have already beaten them not been in this section much recently.

Soldato
Zen 3 price drop incoming.
Hard to see how CPUs like the 5600X can stay above £200 if it loses to the 12600k in ST, gaming and by a huge 40% in MT and I'd imagine the 5800X would need to be price at around £300 to compete if that loses in all 3 areas as well.

Permabanned
I will be deactivating the e cores as they will be the problem. Pre-ordering the 12600k.

Isn't the problem in the Windows Scheduler which is responsible for assigning the correct load to the correct cores?
Maybe there will be a Windows Update, or an Intel driver to fix the issues.

Zen 3 price drop incoming.

Apparently, this is what should happen now.

Soldato
It's not, because the most important piece of information is not on there. Not to mention how little impact mem b/w has on gaming (see dual vs quad channel tests).

A lot of the performance will be due to changes to the standard such as increased burst length, from 8 to 16. Not that anyone in here has even looked at that as they're too caught up in the most uninformed battle of all time lol

Associate
Agree that games selection is slightly weird - no Assassins Creed or Cyberpunk.

Also no res given in the graph - knowing intel probably 640x480

Looking forward to new tech coming out though

Caporegime
A lot of the performance will be due to changes to the standard such as increased burst length, from 8 to 16. Not that anyone in here has even looked at that as they're too caught up in the most uninformed battle of all time lol
Michael, good to see you back with us commoners on the overclockers forum. :cool:

Does anyone know when the reviews go live?

Caporegime
Agree that games selection is slightly weird - no Assassins Creed or Cyberpunk.

Also no res given in the graph - knowing intel probably 640x480

Looking forward to new tech coming out though

Yeah that was my first thought, weird games meaning they're likely been cherry picked. Where Esports titles? Only Farcry 6 as a modern shooter, no BF/COD? Grid 2019, is anyone interested in that?

Back
Top Bottom