Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Some battery tests out already, not bad results seeing how it's early days and plenty of optimisation to do.

Vanilla doing ever so slightly than the Pro which was also echoed by Tom's Guide, but does look like it may not have the best battery life on 5G with the older Exynos modem.

Soldato
It runs at USB-PD 2.0 specs and apparently up to 39W according to Google so may not be the full 30W since it doesn't support PPS, but should still be faster than the Pixel 5's 18W charger.

Thank you. This is typical me, spend all that money on phone, don't want to buy a charger for it.

Soldato
Some battery tests out already, not bad results seeing how it's early days and plenty of optimisation to do.

Vanilla doing ever so slightly than the Pro which was also echoed by Tom's Guide, but does look like it may not have the best battery life on 5G with the older Exynos modem.
Have seen reports of battery life vastly improving over a week or 2's usage, machine learning/Google AI I'm guessing.

Have seen reports of battery life vastly improving over a week or 2's usage, machine learning/Google AI I'm guessing.
it's something i just don't understand. the software is designed from day 1 to optimise battery so how can it learn even more?

i'd have thought it was more due to everything being set up, so give it a week and your phone wont be doing anything more than normal

Soldato
Hmm, still a major case of indecision and last day for the headphone offer.

Have a feeling if I get the Pixel 6 now, I'll just want the Pro version coming from other flagships but offers just aren't as great for that on contracts and barely in stock as it is. Having gone from Xperia 5 II to Note 10+ 5G as a stopgap I do miss a high refresh screen a lot and better camera would be great too. Maybe stick with original plan and see if better deals pop up in the coming months and skip the headphones which I was just going to resell anyway.

Caporegime
Would've been nice to get a new phone, along with the headphone deal, but I'm going to wait and see what the next few updates do the finger print sensitivity and camera before deciding. A lot of Reddit posts seem to suggest the camera's currently weaker than the 4 and 5 in certain scenarios, I would expect Google to sort that pretty quick with a few adjustments.

it's something i just don't understand. the software is designed from day 1 to optimise battery so how can it learn even more?
I would guess it's only designed to optimise the preinstalled apps out of the box, it'll have to learn the usage patterns of the apps you install and use to get the best out of the battery.

Soldato

Have a feeling if I get the Pixel 6 now, I'll just want the Pro version coming from other flagships but offers just aren't as great for that on contracts and barely in stock as it is. Having gone from Xperia 5 II to Note 10+ 5G as a stopgap I do miss a high refresh screen a lot and better camera would be great too. Maybe stick with original plan and see if better deals pop up in the coming months and skip the headphones which I was just going to resell anyway.
Get non pro and if you don't like it then return it. Pixels rarely drop much in price and I think the pricing is already aggressive. Doubt you'll get a better deal than £600 + £350 Bose headphones. Sell those and you'll have a flagship level device for 300-350! Insane

Soldato

If you're buying outright, for the time you can use the phone considered I highly doubt you will get better than £600 minus (say £150) sale fee for the phone plus £60 Google credit (for the pixel 6)

Soldato
Pro arrived an hour ago. Just got it all setup. Initial impressions.....it's a keeper. Not as big as I was expecting, even sat in the spigen case. No issues with the fingerprint scanner yet.
Update is saying it's on the latest being the 5th October.

Totally forgot about the 'now playing' feature on pixels! Love that.

Soldato
Pro arrived an hour ago. Just got it all setup. Initial impressions.....it's a keeper. Not as big as I was expecting, even sat in the spigen case. No issues with the fingerprint scanner yet.
Update is saying it's on the latest being the 5th October.

Totally forgot about the 'now playing' feature on pixels! Love that.
That now playing thing, is that taken from connected services like Spotify or is it being picked up by the mic?

Man of Honour
Get non pro and if you don't like it then return it. Pixels rarely drop much in price and I think the pricing is already aggressive. Doubt you'll get a better deal than £600 + £350 Bose headphones. Sell those and you'll have a flagship level device for 300-350! Insane
Once everyone starts selling off their headphones you'll be looking at maybe getting £150 for them. Still a very good deal though.

Back
Top Bottom