• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Found a spot in tales of berseria that works my card really hard, a low budget several years old game.

Playing with graphics mod that boosts shadow quality etc. alongside 4xSGGSSAA. Most of the game I can play at capped 1500mhz with capped VDDC and about 40% utilisation, but one little spot needs card at 1900mhz and does 90'ish utilisation. Crazy, that one spot needs an extra 140w power.

Caporegime
Happened to look at my phone and another drop. Didn't realise though you couldn't order from the German site to the UK :o:(.

Actually have the 3070Ti in my basket. Doh.

Edit - and they're gone!

Soldato
My 3080ti FE arrived this morning. Now playing Cyberpunk at Psycho RT settings and everything else at ultra @ 4k. V happy. :)

..at 30fps with DLSS, right?

..'cus there ain't no card out there that can max everything out a 4K Psycho settings, and get much over 30fps in CP 2077, Even a 3090 will struggle to push past 40fps on a consistent basis.

Soldato
..at 30fps with DLSS, right?
..'cus there ain't no card out there that can max everything out a 4K Psycho settings, and get much over 30fps in CP 2077, Even a 3090 will struggle to push past 40fps on a consistent basis.

DLSS definitely - it's really worth it. My monitor is 60Hz so I'm limited in that respect. My current settings are RT on psycho and DLSS on performance. Afterburner is telling me I'm getting 55 fps average.

Associate
Does anyone actually use RTX? What about RTX without DLSS? Enabled last night for the first time in a while on Modern Warfare and dropped from 144fps (limited) to ~40-50 FPS (without DLSS).

Soldato
DLSS definitely - it's really worth it. My monitor is 60Hz so I'm limited in that respect. My current settings are RT on psycho and DLSS on performance. Afterburner is telling me I'm getting 55 fps average.

I have a 3080 & 4K monitor and I have to lock it to 30fps with everything maxed out, including RT @ Psycho, With DLSS set to 'performance'.

Dropping down to 1440p internal res with the same settings lets me hit a solid 50-60fps, though, combined with Freesync/Gysnc, looks really smooth.

Pays your money & takes your choice, i suppose.

Soldato
Does anyone actually use RTX? What about RTX without DLSS? Enabled last night for the first time in a while on Modern Warfare and dropped from 144fps (limited) to ~40-50 FPS (without DLSS).

Not in every game, but some games demand having RT enabled because of the visual difference, CP 2077 being one of them, Control another, whereas games like COD only use RT in very limited ways, mostly shadows, which, IMO, aren't a big enough visual difference to make the FPS drop worth it.

Associate
Not in every game, but some games demand having RT enabled because of the visual difference, CP 2077 being one of them, Control another, whereas games like COD only use RT in very limited ways, mostly shadows, which, IMO, aren't a big enough visual difference to make the FPS drop worth it.

I'm sad I played Control on my 6800 XT where RT just really wasn't an option. I need to finish up the DLC on my 80Ti to see the beauty! I couldn't get into CP2077, the police just being beamed down from space behind my back got to me very quickly, and the combat was generally pretty boring. I digress, I'll give Control a try later, and try find some other RT supported games in my lib to start.

Back
Top Bottom