PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
For me the blue zone grenades, the self-revive and the comeback arena are all terrible additions. I would much prefer PUBG to go in the other direction and be more realistic with cross hair removal, players alive and bullets in gun removed from screen and lean spamming nerfed.

Soldato
For me the blue zone grenades, the self-revive and the comeback arena are all terrible additions. I would much prefer PUBG to go in the other direction and be more realistic with cross hair removal, players alive and bullets in gun removed from screen and lean spamming nerfed.

Could go one further, in 1998 a half-life mod called firearms was I think the only game I have played since that doesnt have a "magic ammo pool" - so if you have 3 magazines, and reload half way through one, after 2 more reloads you'll get your half empty magazine back.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Of course they will.

They can and will make millions from banned accounts due to hacking. We all know the anti cheat will be turd :)

Soldato
Having a nightmare with headphones at the moment. My Sony MDR 650BT which to be fair are really good, are unfortunately falling apart.

Its crazy how you get so used to a set, I tried a pair of AKG371BT but they were terrible, I thought it was just me needing to get used to them but nah, they gone back for a refund.

Got a pair of wired AKG702's which I am told are one of the best sets of headphones for gaming, just waiting on a headphone amp before I can try them properly.

Back to my Sony ones at the moment, all be it they are duck taped together and you have to press the power button at just the right angle to turn them of and off. I do love those headphones shame they broke. They recalled them as apparently its a common problem only reason I just didnt buy them again.

Associate
Got a pair of wired AKG702's

I've had these through a Sound BlasterX G6 for several years an I think they are great. I have a big ol' head though so they sit nicely. My girlfriend has a wee head and they don't sit correctly at all (she needed to put a dishwashing sponge under the headband to get them to the right height!).

Associate
Headphone chat

Ideally you need a good open-back set, but this is not practical if you have lots of noise around you or may disturb people around you. I game in the living room while my partner watches telly so I went with a closed-back pair - Beyerdynamic MMX 300 - which are fine, particularly if used with a DAC/AMP.

If you are unsure, and it is a confusing area, check out the headphone sub-Reddit, as this was really useful for me.

Soldato
Played duo's for the first time in ages. Me and another level 500 played 3 games.

I remember Duo's being hard, but what happened? 50% of the players bots, 50% really noob.

We chicken dinner'd two of the three, one of them I got killed by some right noob camping silently in a building. But basically over the three games didnt come accross a single half competant player. Completely different experience to last time I tried Duo's.

Associate
There are only one or two literal bots in my FPP duo games as I check this on PUBG LOOKUP. Plenty of good players too. Doesn't sound right that you are seeing lots of bots unless you are playing at 3 a.m.

Soldato
Well, I've been playing squads with @midweek and @roadie and I've been having my butt handed to me over and over at the moment.

Same this week, I deliberately ranked low on the 5 first matches of the ranked season and I've been enjoying it for a couple of weeks as fights have felt fair.

Now I'm at the crossover point between platinum and diamond and getting wrecked. People spraying with 6x on Beryl, getting shot out of vehicles a lot!

Soldato
The upcoming smoke launcher (pistol slot) looks good fun and might be useful. The mortar less so, with tricky placement and the fact that you can see them in the air, and limited blast radius, I guess the serious players might avoid using it.

Soldato
The upcoming smoke launcher (pistol slot) looks good fun and might be useful. The mortar less so, with tricky placement and the fact that you can see them in the air, and limited blast radius, I guess the serious players might avoid using it.

I think you gotta be really careful with grenade launchers in FPS games, the old "noob tube" as they are often known.

You could very easily ruin the game by putting anything that is anything more than niche occasional usefulness. Bit like the RPG thing currently, whatever it's called, I've only ever been killed by that once, and it was a bushwooky in Sanhok.

I agree the smoke launcher seems a cool addition and may add a bit more strategy in.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The boom tubes are fun to carry around for killing folk in vehicles though.

Mortars not to sure about, if they have same effect as the C4 with people in buildings and it has some medium range where you can sit behind a hill and flush folk out of buildings it could be great fun to use. Need to keep the ammunition count for it down to 2 or 3 though.

Back
Top Bottom