Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion, domestic terrorists?

Permabanned
There are some folk around that I would hate to have to keep supplied with towels.

One day these "protesters" will come across a Kenneth Noye and their cloistered little liberal world will be shattered. Allowing frustration to rise exponentially can be laid fairly and squarely at the feet of the police who are doing as little as possible to deter what are seemingly mainly a load of geriatrics.

Caporegime
Despite allegedly overburdened courts and allegedly understaffed police some instant justice of a minor nature has just occurred and it pleases me greatly that at least one member of the British public has chosen to make a stand against these seemingly mainly senile nuisances :)

Anyone know who this was? I'd like to buy them a beer.

Caporegime
And it's exactly this kind of thing that is really harming their cause. Completely counter-productive and selfish. None-the-less, the UK isn't a Police state nor a totalitarian one: they should not, and cannot, be employing disproportionate violence to deal with these protestors.
I'm sorry but we were promised just this year that the scumbag tory fascist ****s and turned the uk into a police state and that we had all lost the right to protest as part of their Orwellian scheme!

Man of Honour
While sincerely appreciating your desire to help me, I’m afraid that I collapsed in a heap at the thought of spooning my skin from the work surface a mm at a time, I’m a founder member of “big girls blouses are us.”
Remember, it’s MY surface skin that we’re talking about.
Celebrating with Stoly is right up my strasse, but can I substitute Paracetamol for Panadol, and I’m afraid beer, mid strength or otherwise is only found in my house at Christmas time, for the freeloading peasants that are my in-laws.

Bit of an in-joke on my part. It's from the Ozzy Man Reviews youtube channel. "a mid-strength beer and a Panadol" is their joking panacea for all ills. I'm guessing that Panadol is a very big brand name in Australia.

I like beer. I am a peasant. So that fits :)

Soldato
I'm sorry but we were promised just this year that the scumbag tory fascist ****s and turned the uk into a police state and that we had all lost the right to protest as part of their Orwellian scheme!

I think we do have some protesters that are more equal than others though. Right cause, touchy feely kid gloves, wrong cause £10k fine and Imshi Tempet.

Man of Honour
Bit of an in-joke on my part. It's from the Ozzy Man Reviews youtube channel. "a mid-strength beer and a Panadol" is their joking panacea for all ills. I'm guessing that Panadol is a very big brand name in Australia.

I like beer. I am a peasant. So that fits :)

An eloquent, (probably pseudo) peasant, be still my foolish heart!
n.b. not all beer drinkers are peasants.

Man of Honour
An eloquent, (probably pseudo) peasant, be still my foolish heart!
n.b. not all beer drinkers are peasants.

I'm definitely the modern equivalent of a peasant. I am in a low socio-economic class. I do servile work in exchange for a low wage. Stuff like that. So the question becomes one of whether the word "peasant" still applies at all, to anyone.

Groping for some degree of relevance to this thread...traditional medieval peasant houses were better insulated than some modern houses.

Man of Honour
I'm definitely the modern equivalent of a peasant. I am in a low socio-economic class. I do servile work in exchange for a low wage. Stuff like that. So the question becomes one of whether the word "peasant" still applies at all, to anyone.

I believe that peasant derives from Old French paisent, (someone who lives in the country).
The modern French word for a country is un pays, but it’s pais in Spanish, whereas paesan
in Italian means a compatriot, someone from the same place as you back home.

Soldato
So when a government refuses to act on the biggest issue facing humanity today, what are people supposed to do? Write stern letters to their MP?

Trust me, driving from A to B unimpeded will seem like a forgotten memory when we have global crop failures, the entire population of sub-saharan Africa migrating north, weather patterns that kill 1000s a year.

I have a right to defend my home, the earth is my home.

Associate
So when a government refuses to act on the biggest issue facing humanity today, what are people supposed to do? Write stern letters to their MP?

Trust me, driving from A to B unimpeded will seem like a forgotten memory when we have global crop failures, the entire population of sub-saharan Africa migrating north, weather patterns that kill 1000s a year.

I have a right to defend my home, the earth is my home.

Correct me if I have got the wrong end of the stick here. but these people want every home in the UK to be insulated - which will have little to no effect on any of the above - nor will blocking the traffic on the M25.

If you wanted a guide on how to successfully sabotage the success of your own pressure group and divert attention from the cause you are campaigning for- then these idiots are writing it.

Caporegime
Correct me if I have got the wrong end of the stick here. but these people want every home in the UK to be insulated - which will have little to no effect on any of the above - nor will blocking the traffic on the M25.

Insulation is an extremely effective means of reducing UK emissions, and enabling future drops in emissions, as well as being a straight forward win-win scenario.

Soldato

If you wanted a guide on how to successfully sabotage the success of your own pressure group and divert attention from the cause you are campaigning for- then these idiots are writing it.

Insulating homes effectively will help poorer families, will help with fuel poverty and reduce energy usage. It's not a solution, but it is a badly needed start.

I don't agree entirely with their methods. I agree with you, they are unlikely to win many people over. But, they are attracting attention, which is their main aim.

Don't get me wrong, I don't totally support their methods, but we all need to support their aims of dealing with climate change.

Caporegime
Managing the interaction of rights between different people is a duty of the state even in a free society.

Repeatedly allowing a small minority to set out to deliberately disrupt the rights of wider society through misusing their own rights is a failure on the part of the state.

Gypsies are a protected demographic.

Man of Honour
But better insulation keeps homes COOLER in hot weather!

It is a win-win.

All we found having had insulation done is that in warmer weather it just takes heat longer to get in during the day but then holds heat longer at night (unless there is a good through draft) - so we ended up getting AC installed :s when the weather is the warmest it also seems to be when there is the least air movement.

Back
Top Bottom