• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
Yeah I'm going for the i5 KF, but prefer to see how it performs first.
If you want it then your best ordering now before the price goes up shortly after release as seems to happen with all PC parts these days. If you change your mind you can always return it or sell it on if they're going for more.

Soldato
If you want it then your best ordering now before the price goes up shortly after release as seems to happen with all PC parts these days. If you change your mind you can always return it or sell it on if they're going for more.

Seems to be loads of stock and ocuk are £10 more than other places. Really want to see ddr4 v ddr5 before I choose a mobo.

Performance v 11900k

otJJeQN.png

OcUK Staff
Soldato
looks like my 15 year streak of Asus Rampage/maximus/crosshair etc boards ends with Alderlake with such ridiculous pricing

the hero boards are now 500+ but lacks the features i need i can just about stomach the 620 for the formula but no chance with that white color scheme leaving the extreme witch is nearly 1k...
1k for a motherboard almost 2x the price of the cpu? seriously lol...

also im not one of the cheap types complaining about prices ive always bought flagship cpu/mobo/gpu's etc and dont mind paying top prices but you got the draw the line when a company tries to take the ****

the Aorus master looks good at under 500 and has 10gbe Ethernet that i need so i guess im going gigabyte for the first time since the p3 days

Soldato
FCuKyOlX0AIuMlY

Associate
So I've priced up a 12700K build as was initially going to go 12900K (may still just go for it tbh) but it seems the price is perfect for what's on offer now. I have no interest in DDR5 just yet as have plenty capable DDR4 32GB 3600MHz currently anyway.

This is an upgrade from a 6700K on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming-5 mobo (Corsair H115i AIO) which going by the CPU-Z benchmark for MT/ST score, even the new i5 12600K trounces, so a 12700 will give me more than enough Lightroom and video transcoding power I need as well as the odd game here and there - At least from everything I'm reading with the latest leaks being considered.

The AIO in the basket below is just something I fancied a change to as it doesn't look like my OG H115i non-RGB is going to get a bracket from Corsair for 1700 :/

Thoughts?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £717.87 (includes shipping: £0.00)

If you get any Asus motherboard you can use the existing LGA 1200 bracket as per reports from Reddit.

Associate
Looking forward to the reviews. The testing was obviously all done on Windows 11 and apparently the L3 Cache bug and Performance cores patches for AMD were not applied when testing which i think is a little naughty. I also want to see windows 10 tsting as i do not know how many people really want to upgrade to Windows 11 (even though i have myself)

Back
Top Bottom