Meghan target of coordinated Twitter hate campaign, report finds

Soldato
Well I never...

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-ordinated-twitter-hate-campaign-report-finds
The Duchess of Sussex, who has said she avoids social media for “my own self-preservation”, has been the subject of a coordinated hate and misinformation campaign on Twitter, according to a new report.

Both she and Prince Harry, who are advocates for healthier social media, have been targeted on the platform, with Meghan receiving about 80% of the abuse, according to the Twitter analytics provider Bot Sentinel.

It analysed 114,000 tweets relating to the couple, and identified 83 accounts that it alleged were behind 70% of the more virulent anti-Sussex tweets.

“Our analysis allowed us to isolate 55 single-purpose accounts we identified as the primary hate accounts and 28 secondary hate accounts that mainly amplified the primary accounts,” the report said. With the accounts having a total of 187,631 followers, using analytic tools Bot Sentinel estimated “a combined unique potential reach of 17 million users”.

Some tweets used coded racist language. The pattern of how the accounts interacted with one another was not “organic”, the report said, suggesting a coordinated effort to amplify harassment of the couple. Most appeared to be generated by humans, Christopher Bouzy, Bot Sentinel’s chief executive, said. He told the Washington Post: “We looked for automated accounts and found very little evidence of bot activity.”

Caporegime
Some tweets used coded racist language. The pattern of how the accounts interacted with one another was not “organic”,

. Most appeared to be generated by humans

“We looked for automated accounts and found very little evidence of bot activity.”

Goddamn cyborgs so this report says that I reality les than 83 people post 70% of the "hate"?

That's pretty low, dvdbunny had it worse

Soldato
the botbounty-hunters care - it's their business

looks just like the facebook 'algorithms' outrcry - twitter algorithms give you an echo chamber if you are looking - where is a whistleblower when you need one.

https://botsentinel.com/reports/documents/duke-and-duchess-of-sussex/report-10-26-2021.pdf
The accounts we were monitoring did not confine their hatred to Twitter. They would often tweet links to private blogs, Instagram accounts, and YouTube channels predominately focused on Harry and Meghan, Duke and Duchess of Sussex. We used Twitter accounts without friends or followers during our research, and after viewing two hate accounts, Twitter’s algorithm began suggesting numerous hate accounts. On multiple occasions, Twitter recommended we follow these hate accounts.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
"...in other news the Pope is indeed Catholic as was suspected. Tune in tomorrow for an important piece looking at the bathroom habits of bears. And now a short film, 'Obviously, Obvious', starring Camden Singer and Paul Lauden."

fez

fez

Caporegime
They both just epitomise the very worst of the media hungry talentless pillocks that love to tell everyone how to behave whilst being fundamentally ****** people.

Like many I used to quite like Harry. Bit rough around the edges, not your typical royal but down to earth and as normal as you can be as a royal. Now hes a sanctimonious ***** who throws his family under the bus at the slightest hint of an opportunity to make money or gain media expose (after complaining so bitterly about the media).

Meghan is just your regulation vapid, narcissistic Hollywood actress. The two of them are co-dependent. He hasn't had an original thought for many a year and she is just trading off Harrys link to the royal family.

Like probably many, I couldn't have cared too much less when they ****** off to America. Go for it. I can respect not wanting the life of a royal. When they then started trading off throwing the rest of Harrys family under the bus I lost all respect for them.

Back
Top Bottom