Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Caporegime
I'll always love those exceptional peak summer nights if it was a solid clear sunny day before. Once it gets dark-ish around 23:30 and the sky is only a slight navy blue, you can still see a degree of light on the horizon. Then it was fully light by 3 - 3:30AM.

I have a picture from this last summer on my kayak at 10pm and sun setting over the sea. One of my highlights of the year. Kind of my heaven. Then I look out now.. Grim.

Soldato
Can't wait for summer. I absolutely hate autumn!
1. You've just lost summer so it's even worse
2. Summer is far away
3. After Halloween nothing to look forward to until... Summer!

But what about Autumn (the best season ) and winter to look forward to and hope for a cold and snowy one :D

V F

V F

Soldato
I hated snow since the 2009/10 winters. 8 weeks of snow for each of those winters made me hate it to this day. I used to love snowy winters

Soldato
I'm so pleased that we'll be back to GMT (UTC, Z, etc) this coming weekend.

We invented time, we invented Greenwich, we invented longitude and we invented clocks*

We'll be back to proper time again... BST can go swivel.

Everyone gets an extra hour sleep, everyone can be happy. GMT is the bestest!

NdqdhqX.png

*some of this may not be entirely factual
Surely it be much better to put the clocks forward an hour instead :p

Soldato
I hated snow since the 2009/10 winters. 8 weeks of snow for each of those winters made me hate it to this day. I used to love snowy winters

Where do you live the scottish highlands? We had a bit of snow and it was cold for a while iirc but that was about it. Come to think of it that was the last time there was any real snowfall havn't seen any for years now.

Man of Honour
Probably depends on company policy and needs of the business - I've had to stay on an extra hour before to ensure continuous operation which sucks.

Capodecina
Soldato
Every 6 months I think the same. And comment the same. Farmers can change thier clocks. Not the rest of the country!

Every year I wish we had GMT + 2 in winter

Every year I'm disappointed.

Can't wait for summer. I absolutely hate autumn!
1. You've just lost summer so it's even worse
2. Summer is far away
3. After Halloween nothing to look forward to until... Summer!

I can only offer my condolences, it must be quite depressing for you. In my case it's all good from here until March [at which point I start getting seriously stressed out and in need of medication]. But Oct-Feb is pretty much utter bliss for me.

Soldato
Autumn is always **** now. It's always gloom. Never gets cold enough to be nice! (I am coastal)

Feels like we skipped Summer and Autumn, it was just one long mild cloudly year. Autumn hasn't properly happened as most of the trees my way still have green leaves on them, usually by now they've all turned brown and shedding

Capodecina
Soldato
Feels like we skipped Summer and Autumn, it was just one long mild cloudly year. Autumn hasn't properly happened as most of the trees my way still have green leaves on them, usually by now they've all turned brown and shedding

I believe that's something to do with the sun. A more sunny summer means more brown leaves more quickly. Or something like that.

Caporegime
I can only offer my condolences, it must be quite depressing for you. In my case it's all good from here until March [at which point I start getting seriously stressed out and in need of medication]. But Oct-Feb is pretty much utter bliss for me.

Thanks. Yeah I knew moving here I'd be sacrificing a worse winter than normal. For a better summer. Just wish winter wasn't so long!

Back
Top Bottom