*** Guardians of Galaxy ***

Soldato
Runs great, music is ace ... very polished and ultrawide out the box!

Cut scene's sadly are 16:9 but there is a fix !!

Cut-Scene pics @ 3440*1440 to confirm it works!

20211026214731-1.jpg

20211026214704-1.jpg

20211026214718-1.jpg

Associate
Played around an hour of this today and I'm loving it so far to be honest. I've laughed out loud quite a few times already at some of the dialogue.

The combat is decent enough, nothing groundbreaking but it does the job.

I can't wait to get back on it tomorrow tbh!

Associate
Hilarious playing on a controller on the PC, none of the button prompts are correct either Playstation or Nintendo ones pop up lol, I will say though playing it on an OLED with all the bells and whistles it sure looks amazing and plays great !

Associate
How's the combat ? Looks a bit mediocre on the reviews I've seen on YouTube. The aesthetics, soundtrack and dialogue all look very good though.

Man of Honour
I'm not familiar with the comics, only know of the Guardians from the movies, they look very different in this. Which is the more faithful to the characters (appearance wise), is it the movies who have the appearances wrong and the game right or vice versa?

Soldato
I'm not familiar with the comics, only know of the Guardians from the movies, they look very different in this. Which is the more faithful to the characters (appearance wise), is it the movies who have the appearances wrong and the game right or vice versa?

Combat is actually fairly similar to the Xenoblade Chronicles games in the way the character ability selection combinations work and I'm finding it a lot of fun.

Personality wise the characters are certainly very similar to what you'll have witnessed in the movies. I'm genuinely laughing at a lot of the banter and jokes that have been flying around so far. Only played the first (introductory) chapter and the second but this seems really well put together and I can tell I'm going to have a blast.

Oh and the game looks fantastic and runs incredibly well if you ask me. (Playing full details/ray tracing maxed out etc.)

Associate
Combat is actually fairly similar to the Xenoblade Chronicles games in the way the character ability selection combinations work and I'm finding it a lot of fun.

That was my impression, too, from watching the reviews. And I love Xenoblade Chronicles. But, in this game, the enemies look a bit bullet spongey, and Star Lord's attacks appear pathetically weak. I hope I'm very wrong with that opinion.
The other contrasting thing with Xenoblade Chronicles is only being allowed to control one character in the party, in this case Star Lord. It would have been cool to be able to take control of Groot, Rocket etc. I think they missed a trick there.

Soldato
That was my impression, too, from watching the reviews. And I love Xenoblade Chronicles. But, in this game, the enemies look a bit bullet spongey, and Star Lord's attacks appear pathetically weak. I hope I'm very wrong with that opinion.
The other contrasting thing with Xenoblade Chronicles is only being allowed to control one character in the party, in this case Star Lord. It would have been cool to be able to take control of Groot, Rocket etc. I think they missed a trick there.

I get where you're coming wrong and I feel more powerful early on by using melee with Star Lord. However I assume from the upgrades to the blaster we'll see the being much more effective as the game progresses. I do think the taking control of the other characters is a bit of a miss in a way, even if you could have swapped up in battle that would have been something.

Soldato
I was too. Saw a discussion on the steam forums about disabling ray tracing. I also removedRivatuner Statistics Server as a potential issue. Played an hour straight just now, no issues.

Edit: on 3080ti.

Actually came on to say it's a bloody good game! Really fun. Dialogue is great and really getting in to it.

Soldato
I was too. Saw a discussion on the steam forums about disabling ray tracing. I also removedRivatuner Statistics Server as a potential issue. Played an hour straight just now, no issues.

Edit: on 3080ti.

Actually came on to say it's a bloody good game! Really fun. Dialogue is great and really getting in to it.

I only had the steam overlay on, didn't try without it. I've refunded it and will pick it up in a sale.

Soldato
Didn’t check any reviews and bought it on steam knowing I could refund and did exactly that after 2 hours.
It’s a game for 5 year olds, the amount of QTE’s in this game is utterly ridiculous, It felt like playing Dragon’s Lair or one of the Telltale game at times

QTE’s are not gaming and I (insert bad word here) them….

Back
Top Bottom